Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HOLIDAY PLANS FOR 2014

Have you booked a holiday for this year yet

If so where are you going ?

Are you thinking of going somewhere nice if you have not booked anywhere?

Not sure what I am doing but I really do need a holiday

What about you ?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    mar 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Holiday of a lifetime this year!
    Been saving for ages to do route 66. We are flying to Chicago in August and driving to LA )
    Should have done it earlier though, got 4 kids to take with us now!

3. Likes hectors house, funemnx, primula liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well luckily I didn't book my summer holiday the other night as DH found out he was being made redundant the day after.....never been so pleased not to book a holiday! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I'm getting married in Malta in May eeeekkk

6. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

We will be trying to have a few weekends away this year, mil recently bought a motor home so we plan to take advantage of that as much as possible
    Would love to go abroad but not enough pennies boo!!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

We are staying in the UK this year as we are going to Thailand in 2015. We are doing a week at butlins in the summer holidays and a few days in London at Easter.
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A holiday of a lifetime for us too - it's our 30th wedding anniversary this year and also I turn the big 50 (but not until end of Dec), so we are heading off to Thailand for some time in Bangkok, a tour round Northern Thailand and then 5 lovely days on a fantastic island - going to try scuba diving (had an introduction to scuba in a local pool last Saturday), so going to give it a proper try and hopefully get some time to lie on the beach and relax.

10. Likes mumof4 liked this post
    Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to New York in February half term. Soooo excited It will probably be our last family holiday with all of our children as they are now 20, 18 and 15 and our middle child did not come with us on our summer holiday.

12. Likes hectors house, chriss liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're off to crete for a week in the summer along with my mum to my mums friends villa. Never stayed in a villa before so quite excited. This one has its own pooland is a 15 min walk to the beach. ( also only had to pay for flights so a cheap hot holiday )
    The rest of the year we will be heading off for weekends in our vw campervan and attending vw festivals with like minded friends. :0)

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Our inlaws have just booked a lodge at centre parcs complete with hot tub steam room sauna :-D...in October half term...canna wait ...going to start booking activities in april for us and our three kids.....going to see what we can book for them as a thank you...going to do a few days put in the easter half term...looking at booking a hotel in london as oh owes me tickets to go see lion king...might start our skiing lessons so we can go on our belated honeymoon early next year (about 6 years after we got married) x

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going to Cyprus for 2 weeks in an adult only hotel can't imagine why
    Cath

16. Likes hectors house, primula liked this post
    mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes
    Me and my 4 kids are off to turkey for 2 whole weeks of sun sea food and fun in August and can't wait

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mmmm..... already mentioned this on another thread recently....
    .I stay away from 'hot' places....so .....several walking / photography holidays planned ....in sunny Cumbria and the French Alps.... ( hoping for three weeks there?!! - if I get enough childminder work!)
    hoping to go to Glastonbury if I get tickets, hoping my son plays there again but I think they may have run their time with Emily Eavis, that era may be over but I am sort of hooked on music now having spent 10 years lugging drums around venues and being the main support for his band!
    Doing a mini tour of Britain with the Tour de France in the summer,
    several trips to Brighton before my oldest( who lives there) goes off in September for his South America expedition,
    ...and my DH is hinting at walking the length of Hadrians wall, but trying to avoid that unless I can stay in lovely hotels along the way ....so I might be able to put that off until next year as we will need money for that to do it my way.

The main breaks I love is staying in our nearest city Birmingham, I went to Uni there in the 70's when it was all bleak, but it is a lovely city now and we are spending our retirement mid week and weekend spare time staying in an 'offer ' hotel and rediscovering this city as a tourist. It has loads of ( free) interesting things to do, great traditional pubs and free concerts at the Symphony hall, with half price champagne in the Epernay bar on a Friday teatime ...never quite manage the late night museum tour after this !!!!

So, no expensive holidays for us but lots of short breaks to keep us going ....except for the cheap gite in the Alps - ( £450 for three weeks!!)

DS would like us to meet up somewhere in South America next year .....heat and expense ...got to work out if that is feasible...... May need to work more than 3 days a week!!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    We're off to crete for a week in the summer along with my mum to my mums friends villa. Never stayed in a villa before so quite excited. This one has its own pooland is a 15 min walk to the beach. ( also only had to pay for flights so a cheap hot holiday )
    The rest of the year we will be heading off for weekends in our vw campervan and attending vw festivals with like minded friends. :0)
    Hahaha I read "pooland" as poo land rather than pool and which is what I'm hoping you we're trying to say?!

We haven't booked anything and not sure if we will. I'm so rubbish at booking holidays- we end up going for package things as I can't work out what I need when I book separate and it's just too expensive. Ideally we would love to go somewhere with great pools in the summer holidays but looks as though those sort of places are about 3k for 7 nights for 4 people?! Madness!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are booked to go to disney in Florida in October but dp is out of work and if the situation stays the same I think we will have to use the money saved to pay the bills. He Ho, looks like it could be dawlish again for the 4 year running. Not all bad though, think of the cream teas I can have

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going to Menorca with DD,SIL and grandchildren really looking forward to it. Usually go to Greek Islands but wanted a shorter flight for grandson who will be 9months old.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyjess View Post
    Yes! I'm getting married in Malta in May eeeekkk
    wow! not long now !
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-tots View Post
    Our inlaws have just booked a lodge at centre parcs complete with hot tub steam room sauna :-D...in October half term...canna wait ...going to start booking activities in april for us and our three kids.....going to see what we can book for them as a thank you...going to do a few days put in the easter half term...looking at booking a hotel in london as oh owes me tickets to go see lion king...might start our skiing lessons so we can go on our belated honeymoon early next year (about 6 years after we got married) x
    Which Centre Parcs are you going to? We live near the Longleat one.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    We are booked to go to disney in Florida in October but dp is out of work and if the situation stays the same I think we will have to use the money saved to pay the bills. He Ho, looks like it could be dawlish again for the 4 year running. Not all bad though, think of the cream teas I can have
    What a shame, will you get your deposit back? Could you look for a deal at Euro Disney instead, if the children are young enough the magic is just the same. We once stayed at a Eurocamp near Paris for 5 days (they do short breaks up to mid May) and drove to Disneyland and then on another day caught the train into Paris.

feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am off to florida at the end of half term! Can't wait!!

26. Likes hectors house liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast