Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not alot on enquiries through childcare.co.uk

HI everyone!!

Not sure if just me or if anyone else is finding that childcare.co.uk doesn't have a lot of new members (I'm in the kent area) or that they get a lot of enquires through it. I've had 3 calls in the 6 months that I have been on their. I seem to get a lot more interest on my facebook business page than on there.

Does anyone have any advertising ideas? I have business cards, childcare.co.uk advert, facebook business page, & have an advert on gumtree.

Am thinking of printing some leaflets and dropping then through doors local to me or putting some in the school reception that I collect from.

Does anyone have the magnetic car stickers. And if so so you get much contact through them.

Thanks in advance any help and ideas will be much appreciated.

X

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do you have a free or gold membership on childcare.co.uk? If only a free member it may be that you have to be more proactive as you get out what you put in. You can get enquiries as a free member as gold members can contact you but in order that you can contact all parents you can upgrade.

Word of mouth and getting yourself known in the local community e.g. toddler groups, is the best way of finding prospective parents.

Good luck

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi :-)

I am a gold member of childcare have been buying it religiously every monthly.

Thanks for your suggestion I go to a few play groups during the week so maybe something will come up from that.

Thanks again.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are doing before and after school, contact the local schools and let them know you have availability, are you on your local family information service lists?
    A simple notice in your local news agent window might help too, also taking to new parents in your local parks? Good luck, it's frustrating but will pick up, I'm sure!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Tootsies View Post
    Hi :-)

I am a gold member of childcare have been buying it religiously every monthly.

Thanks for your suggestion I go to a few play groups during the week so maybe something will come up from that.

Thanks again.
    Cast your net as wide as you can as you never know. Some parents may live at quite a distance but may have a job near you (like one of my children) or may be looking for a nursery (convince them to change their mind ).

Toddler groups are idea. People get to know you and you become a better proposition than someone they don't know. Particularly good for me being a male childminder!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have car stickers on my car even though I don't have any vacancies at the moment - I hope it gets my name "out there" so that when parents are looking for a childminder my name may "jump out" at them on childcare.co.uk website or they may remember my name and do a yellow pages search for me. I also have hi-viz vests for the children with my name and mobile number on (mostly so I can see kids in the easily in the park and in case they get lost) but it also shows other parents using the park that hopefully I am a good childminder and take my mindees out for lots of fresh air and exercise.

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your suggestions. Good idea hectors house love the hi-viz option will look into that now

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mtk007 never thought about casting my net wider that's defiantly something that I am going to do from now on. Much appreciated.

9. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have more new members than ever - over 720,000 active members. January is always the busiest month.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

12. Likes Richard liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you just wait for parents to contact you on childcare.co.uk? - as I believe that you can search for parents in your area looking for childcare and contact them too if you are a gold member.

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I do contact parents asking if they are still looking for care but either get no reply or I'm not close enough within our area to them. :-(

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah707 I try to update it once a month tweeting it a little bit here and there.

16. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips on advertising. I read on another site that someone got their details printed on a umbrella.
    Could I please ask where you got your car stickers made? Thank You

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wee_elf View Post
    Thanks for the tips on advertising. I read on another site that someone got their details printed on a umbrella. Could I please ask where you got your car stickers made? Thank You
    Hi I think you can get them on a few online websites through google I also saw them for twenty pounds for two on ebay if you have that.

nov 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I also find that with childcare .co.uk . How do you set up a face book business page? That is a good idea that I might pinch ! If that's ok

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi :-). Yes that's fine happy to help. if you google create facebook page it will bring the link up follow that and if you registered log in or create account. Hope I've helped. :-)