Lovely ladies, I need your ideas please!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lovely ladies, I need your ideas please!

Okay, so I am asking all you lovely, wonderful ladies... and men (of course) for some ideas please.

8 year old's birthday party... the theme is a neon disco, there is already face painting, a chocolate fountain and a disco (obviously), however, need ideas for party games and various other entertainment for the kiddies!

Go...

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pass the parcel always goes down a treat with my kids (I like old-fashioned party games). I think they like other oldies like musical bumps, musical chairs and musical statues (might as well make the most of the disco music!).

Would also suggest a bottle of wine in the fridge for later (for you!)

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Pass the parcel always goes down a treat with my kids (I like old-fashioned party games). I think they like other oldies like musical bumps, musical chairs and musical statues (might as well make the most of the disco music!).

Would also suggest a bottle of wine in the fridge for later (for you!)
    I am not the host helping out a fellow Mum!

Although, the wine still sounds good!

Post Thanks / Like

Fashion show ? Best dancing competition ?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would still go for musical statues and musical chairs.
    Could you have a uv light and wrap people in white bandages? ( mummy game )

At the junior school disco they played a game where they got into pairs and each pair was given a sheet of a broadsheet newspaper. When the music stops both of the pair have to stand on the paper without any part of them being off the paper. Then the paper is folded in half ... same again ... stand completely on paper when music stops. If wobble/ foot not completely on paper then out. ( can have several pairs out each round ) Continue folding paper in half until only one pair left. Usually ends up with people standing on one foot/tippy toes whilst giving partner a piggyback!

6. Likes EmmaReed84 liked this post
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Pass the parcel with a twist - they have to wear mittens to open the paper.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Throw at 6 and child gets to eat smarties with tweezers (or malteses with chop sticks) till the next 6 is thrown.

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to quieten things down a bit lol a game of bingo goes down well with chocolate for prizes. A hush decends as they concentrate listening for their numbers to come up, they so want to win some chocolate
    If you want bedlam, hide foil wrapped sweeties all around the garden when they aren't looking, then send them out with a little bag to hunt the treasure down and if thats not noisy enough for you (and you are feeling very brave) try hide and seek all around the house
    Have fun

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Roll up two newspapers add a balloon and two goal lines. Split them into teams, number each child off so you hedge two number ones, two number twos etc and then each number pair play until the balloon goes over the line then a different pair is called. The balloon is kept in play by the other team members, it may only be batted with the newspaper though! If you mix up the order that the numbers pairs play in, one team may get a clear run while the other team is trying to remember who number three/six is! Its quite fun and can be fast if you've got enough space!

Pair them off, they dance and when the music stops they have to be touching head to head or head to hand or knee to toe etc last one to achieve the correct pose is out. Nose to shoulder is usually a good one that catches them out!!