UNWANTED PRESENTS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

We brought the in-laws some Christmas pudding jumpers from Primark, for a joke. They loved them!!!! each to their own! I got a lot of lotions etc. Think people are trying to tell me something?!! Got to many chocs though and have put on 3lbs Happy New Year guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really cheeky this year and told my DH and 4 sons what I wanted!!! Last year they bought me loads of smellies and chocolate, oh and a bottle of Orange Bailey's - yuk yuk yuk!! ( and I was going thro chemo, didn't eat chocolate and the smell of some things made me feel sick) so most of the smellies are still in the wardrobe, and the boys and DH ate the chocolate!!

So this year I asked for money to buy myself .................................................. .......... a steam generator iron I know its not everyone's idea of a Christmas present, but I have loads of ironing and I couldn't warrant paying the sort of money they cost just because I wanted one!!! I love it by the way

Also had cd's to listen to while I'm busy ironing!!!!!

3. Likes loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

DH's aunt bought me a bottle opener in the shape of a flip-flop (and left the price tag on - £7.99 for the worst piece of sparkly tat you've ever seen).

What's worse is that it's for opening beer bottles, not even for red wine
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a cake pop maker too. from hubby who bought all of my presents from Tesco on Christmas eve! I had seen a cd and some perfume from Tesco that i liked so told my son to tell his Dad!

I will give it a go. He did say that it was for me and youngest son ( who loves baking) to use so i like the sentiment !

I got 2 limited edition framed pictures from my Dad. One is a snow fox, the other a snow tiger and i just not sure i like them. Feel really mean about it though as he obviuosly thought i would like them. Going to find somewhere to put them up and hope they grow on me!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little chickee View Post
    I got a cake pop maker too. from hubby who bought all of my presents from Tesco on Christmas eve! I had seen a cd and some perfume from Tesco that i liked so told my son to tell his Dad!

I will give it a go. He did say that it was for me and youngest son ( who loves baking) to use so i like the sentiment !

I got 2 limited edition framed pictures from my Dad. One is a snow fox, the other a snow tiger and i just not sure i like them. Feel really mean about it though as he obviuosly thought i would like them. Going to find somewhere to put them up and hope they grow on me!
    It's very hard being given a picture that you aren't sure about as you can't hide it in a cupboard like you can a hideous vase! Have you got a spare room you can put them up in?

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Some oc mg nanny friends and j used to have a gift exchange party. It was such fun. And we did have a good laugh at some of the presents.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I received a rather hideous porcelain doll...worst part is that I have a massive phobia of dolls!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12