How do you decorate your Christmas table?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I like a red/gold theme going on and a candle in the middle but there's always something that doesn't match or not perfect but that doesn't matter, just need family and good food
    mmm that reminds me I need some new plates

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    Love your candy canes.
    Thank you, did this activity with mindees, great for fine motor skills!! X

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

we should al take photos of our table and post them

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Juggler, I bought some fabric napkins! Have hidden them from hubby. I'll have to pretend I found them at the back of the linen cupboard! Now I will have to buy napkin rings - really can't make them, haven't got a creative bone in my body! Every where is selling out of everything in the shops already!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My table is too full of food for much else!

I am pleased this year to have all white china and we use gold table mats on white tablecloth so all white and gold with a bit of red for good measure sometimes - might leave out the red bits and make some gold ribbon ties for napkins with a sprig of holly/greenery in it. Will have to find gold crackers now!

Boxing day we have my red/green check tablecloth with gold threads and christmas pics in the material - hard to describe will need to take a pic!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My table too is too full for actual decorations - serves me right for having so many boys lol! This year my table will have a silver and white cloth (paper) with red runner down the middle, then red chargers which my friend convinced me I needed as they were on offer in Wilkinsons red, white and silver crackers which I have yet to carefully open and fill with my own presents! oh and red and silver confetti sprinkled on the table which I moan about every year when I have to hoover the stuff up Oh and white and silver paper napkins which match the cloth!!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Ok Juggler, I bought some fabric napkins! Have hidden them from hubby. I'll have to pretend I found them at the back of the linen cupboard! Now I will have to buy napkin rings - really can't make them, haven't got a creative bone in my body! Every where is selling out of everything in the shops already!
    lol! where did you get them?? why not get some sparkly pipe cleaners and make a little ring with them - nice and cheap and you can twist some fabric or other bits into them.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly upset that not knowing what charger plates were I googled it and found out they are big plates and not things that sit under your plate to keep your dinner warm.

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    lol! where did you get them?? why not get some sparkly pipe cleaners and make a little ring with them - nice and cheap and you can twist some fabric or other bits into them.
    I got the napkins from a department store and then I got some napkin rings from Cargo. Set it up last night (sad I know) and it looks a bit naff. I just have no vision when it comes to interior design! Have some very snobby inlaws coming to ours for the first time this year. They always have antique candle sticks and ridiculously expensive crockery and I know they will just turn their noses up at what we have to offer. It's becoming a bit of an obsession for me at the moment!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I got the napkins from a department store and then I got some napkin rings from Cargo. Set it up last night (sad I know) and it looks a bit naff. I just have no vision when it comes to interior design! Have some very snobby inlaws coming to ours for the first time this year. They always have antique candle sticks and ridiculously expensive crockery and I know they will just turn their noses up at what we have to offer. It's becoming a bit of an obsession for me at the moment!
    aww honey, sure it doesn't look naff. just odd - does to me a bit as I never really 'lay' my table the rest of the year. will look lovely and if they are rude enough to say something then more fool them. just make lots of jokes about xmas table decorations and it not being you really but you made an effort as they were coming get in there first - lol. I have mismatched cutlery and plates in my house and this year on my student salary they will NOT be getting replaced
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

17. Likes Maza liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12