Cheap holidays 2014
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cheap holidays 2014

Ladies and gents have you booked next year's holiday?

Have you found any bargains?

I have been looking online for the last few nights as fed up with the rotten weather. The cheapest I can find is 14 nights in Corfu in July at £1522.68.......self catering!

OMG need to find cheaper! I tried to look earlier in July when kids are still in school but no cheaper.

Tips, contacts, villas to hire..anyone?

Caravan in Bogner Regis?

Shed in Canvey Island? lol

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clairer View Post
    Ladies and gents have you booked next year's holiday?

Have you found any bargains?

I have been looking online for the last few nights as fed up with the rotten weather. The cheapest I can find is 14 nights in Corfu in July at £1522.68.......self catering!

OMG need to find cheaper! I tried to look earlier in July when kids are still in school but no cheaper.

Tips, contacts, villas to hire..anyone?

Caravan in Bogner Regis?

Shed in Canvey Island? lol
    We paid £1500 for one week in Tunisa several years ago, staying in a mid range hotel half board - 2 adults and 1 child, so depending how many you have in your family I thought that price was good for a fortnight if that includes the flights. Self catering isn't too bad, pack in your luggage things like packs of savoury rice, cous cous, packs of spices to add to spag bol, cereals etc. We often do self catering when we go ski-ing and it saves us a fortune.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a real bargain 2 adults 2 kids to Florida including flights, hotel and car hire 2 weeks. £1600 boom!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a real bargain 2 adults 2 kids to Florida including flights, hotel and car hire 2 weeks. £1600 boom!!!

How did you find that ? my dd would love to go again and I didnt think I could afford it... but if I can get it for that might think again ..

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post

How did you find that ? my dd would love to go again and I didnt think I could afford it... but if I can get it for that might think again ..
    Please please desiderata separate message me where you got that deal?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually pack a load of food then chuck it all out last minute when I realise our suitcases are too heavy! I need one of those coats with loads of pockets for the plane!

6. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi its not me who got the deal its the message above mine !! I want to get it too xx

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, sorry, Essbops, don't leave us all hanging!

9. Likes desiderata liked this post
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

For our honeymoon in August this year we went to a campsite in France which was amazing, full of Brits but you didn't have to join in with the organised activities if you didn't want to. I think for 2wks we paid just under £600 but that was for out tourer caravan. They did have Keycamps ect on the site. Think the site was called Berny Riviere. If you type camp site Berny Riviere into google it comes straight up. If I was taking 2wks holiday this year again we'd go back. the kids had an amazing time, only rained once and that was overnight.
    love Sarah.

11. Likes clairer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also went to the same Campsite in France in June and stayed in one of their tents really lovely and a great location, as we had a day at Disneyland Paris and a day in Paris xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ya what I did was go online to cosmos and booked 3 weeks before we went. 5 of us are going early next year and it's only cost £1800. Just remember though Disney tickets cost 250 to 300 each!!!! But there is so much to do you could just go for the beachs
    Everyone I know asks me to book their deals as I'm pretty good lol just takes a lot of searching but well worth it when the people on the plane last year sat next to us had paid £5500 for the same holiday whoops!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    I also went to the same Campsite in France in June and stayed in one of their tents really lovely and a great location, as we had a day at Disneyland Paris and a day in Paris xx
    We used this campsite about 15 years ago as a base for Disney and day in Paris - we went through Eurocamp - we found that when our 3 children were small it was the only way to have a fortnight holiday abroad, we stayed at campsites in both tents and then static caravans in the Loire, South of France, grounds of chateaux - kids enjoyed the holiday clubs - but it is self catering and you do have to be confident with driving abroad.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gite holidays in France ....cheapest ever....if you like countrside....feeling like you are abroad..eating well..Warmer but not hugely hot weather..
    Booked 3 weeks next year: £299 each week, £189 tunnel...food..same/less than if we stayed here.....cheap wine..cheese...petrol used to be really cheap but this year the same as Uk..... Chez nous is my favourite company: mainly Brits renting holiday homes...

Have been doing this for 26 years....but love living in Europe for 3 weeks....come back being able to speak French ...but then have to re learn it all following year!

My ' I love exploring the world' oldest son ....asked us to book somewhere he could join us next year....after 5 years travelling to long haul 'interesting ' countries ...he longs for the relaxation of a french gite....always hugely cheaper than a cottage in the UK ....

Check it out...

16. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend uses this site all the time. .breakfreeholidays.co.uk (UK and Europe)