What's the wprst christmas present you've ever received?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

DHs grandma bought three of us (me, DH and SIL) a heavy duty torch each. No batteries, just the torch.

It was hilarious, we were sat round the table after lunch and I opened mine first. Obviously DH and SIL knew their gifts were the same as mine which set off fits of giggles - you know those giggles where you can't stop and it hurts to laugh!

Grandma passed away earlier this year so she won't be round the table with us but I'll never forget the torch Christmas
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

2. Likes loocyloo, dette liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year my hubby bought me a yard of Jaffa cakes (those long boxes).

I've never liked Jaffa cakes. In fact the very thought of them makes me feel queasy. After 25 years together I'd have thought he would know that

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

anything my mum buys me? she seems to think i need more ornaments to dust even though every year she asks what I would like and i ask for something that wont collect dust lol

Oh and when I was 14 my step father bought me a playboy necklace which i was too naive to recognise so wore it proudly to school to be ripped apart x

SEPT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

This is soo funny you got to wonder whats going thru some peoples minds when buying xmas pressies

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Christmas I received an awful hot pink and gold Lipsy handbag from the mil, not my cup of tea in the slightest!! Donated to the charity shop.

And the year before that (again from mil) a HUGE necklace that had clear acrylic flowers and sparkle, again not my sort if thing! Only that year we were at theirs for Christmas and I had to pretend I liked it and wear it the whole day!!! That has made it into the dressing up box..

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think mine was a blank card, with a cheque inside for £50 but instead of my name my Grandma had put happy birthday Clare. The bank wouldn't let me put it in. So that year I got nothing.

9. Likes tulip0803 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago my mum got me some padded coat hangers that were meant to be scented, trouble was her husband smoked so they smelt awful. I said the usual lovely, thank you. I then got the same the following year aswell. My mum can be a bit strange

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm the person who must be sending all those worst Christmas presents.

Each year Mrs Bunyip tells me she'd "like something different this year" which makes it sound as if I buy her the same things every year.

"But," I protest, "I buy you something different every year."

"Yes," says she, "and I want you to buy me something different from last year."

I wish she'd just tell me she doesn't like it while I still have the receipt.

12. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a steam iron from my OH last year, he was delighted with himself. He said, and I quote "now you can get all the creases out my shirts" I think my response was along the lines of "*#$*#*# do your own *****#** ironing!!"

14. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    Apr 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My friends MIL used to collect the free face cream/shampoo/conditioner samples you get in magazines and wrap them up and give as a present.

I guess the MIL didn't like my friend!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolacolapink View Post
    My friends MIL used to collect the free face cream/shampoo/conditioner samples you get in magazines and wrap them up and give as a present.

I guess the MIL didn't like my friend!
    The fact that I think that's a brilliant idea may well confirm how bad I am at choosing presents.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fancy underwear from my husband (now ex). The underwear was actually nice. It was the fact that his secretary had gone and bought it because he said " I forgot what the date was and I was too busy to go out and look". Yes, so easy to happen because Xmas day changes dates every year! I would rather he had been honest and got nothing

Post Thanks / Like

My friend bought me an exercise trampoline and an ab roller two years in a row! Granted we were trying to lose weight together but still!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakencookie View Post
    Ooh just remembered... dh's Grandmother got me a comb, handkerchief and 48hr scent-free heavyduty deodorant one year - how to give one a complex!!
    That made me laugh out loud!

Great thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-tots View Post
    My gran as always bought me and my oh a box of foxes family favourites (not the special ones that come out at Christmas) biscuits since we have been together....12 years lol....ny brother on the other had gets box of chocolates. ..keep telling her every year....would prefer chocolates. ..not big biscuit eaters....her reply...its for when I come over.....uumm gran u have only visited us a handful of times lol
    Will she eat the whole box when she comes?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    I think mine was a blank card, with a cheque inside for £50 but instead of my name my Grandma had put happy birthday Clare. The bank wouldn't let me put it in. So that year I got nothing.
    Couldn't u have opened an account under the name 'happy birthday Clare'?! That must have been so frustrating!

Lo here beside me Trying to sleep and I am trying not to lol!!

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

A pair of purple slippers with a fancy fluffy feather bit on the front really tacky,from my mil, no wonder we never got on.

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband has told me his dad has got me a chocolate fountain this year......I'm 28...not 16 lol!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natalieatk View Post
    My husband has told me his dad has got me a chocolate fountain this year......I'm 28...not 16 lol!
    I'm 28 and I'd love a chocolate fountain lol!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I shall be referring back to this thread after Ive opened my secret santa to help me see who its from!

26. Likes Toothfairy, loocyloo liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12