What gift can i get for my childminder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What gift can i get for my childminder

Hi all I'm after some inspiration. I am now a childminder myself but for the past year I have used a childminder to look after my little one and we are stopping before Xmas. I want to get her something to say thank you but don't know where to start as it's more than just that. She has looked after my baby as if she was her own and made going back to work and just life in general so much easier for me and my husband. My little girl has developed so well and a lot of this is down to my childminder. If it wasn't for the fact that she takes one of my places that I can't fill and need the money we wouldn't be stopping.

How so I say thank you for that? Can't help thinking a bunch of flowers won't cut it - what amazing gifts have you been given?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there
    What about vouchers for a facial or massage or gift vouchers for a meal somewhere.

3. Likes cathtee liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How lovely to hear how much you appreciate your childminder

Over the years I have had a few special gifts, but my favourite has to be a photo book. The parent used my photo's from the 4 years I had been her childminder, using photos that I had shared with parents of all the children in my setting including my son.

I think it was so thoughtful and it means alot to me.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How about a childminder survival kit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/thank-you-childminder

I got one from a parent

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a small canvas hanging on my wall saying ''loocyloos house ... where memories are made'' that was written by the child with a selection of little drawings by the child round the edge - you could do handprints etc. I've seen them for sale elsewhere on wooden or pottery plaques.

xx

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end of term a parent turned up with flowers and a box of chocolates for me. Well you can't beat that for feeling very appreciated, I nearly cried!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Home made framed pictures, bowl painted by lo, survival box, voucher for massage, wine, chocolates, flowers, ornaments, books of memories (photos, train tickets etc I had done with lo) Pjamamas, favourite book from lo to share with other children, photo frames.
    These are things I've received and loved.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't like home made gifts, unless made by my daughter. So would never give them and hope never receive them! Sorry !! I would give her gift tokens for a facial or massage, a little pampering!! IOR lovely bubble bath, nice photo frame. I would love chocolates or flowers!! The present is for her, so would keep away from giving any present that has to do with children, example books or supplies for the setting. But that is just my thinking, if I was to buy someone a present to say thank you.
    Last edited by bindy; 17-11-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClareMaher View Post
    Hi all I'm after some inspiration. I am now a childminder myself but for the past year I have used a childminder to look after my little one and we are stopping before Xmas. I want to get her something to say thank you but don't know where to start as it's more than just that. She has looked after my baby as if she was her own and made going back to work and just life in general so much easier for me and my husband. My little girl has developed so well and a lot of this is down to my childminder. If it wasn't for the fact that she takes one of my places that I can't fill and need the money we wouldn't be stopping.

How so I say thank you for that? Can't help thinking a bunch of flowers won't cut it - what amazing gifts have you been given?
    I've not been in this long enough for my opinion to count for much, but..................

the most amazing gifts I've been given are the memories, the experiences and the total trust of a parent with their child.

11. Likes funemnx liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you want something really special I was once bought a beautiful pandora bead by a parent. I treasure it...

or what does the childminder like? 6 bottles of special wine? A bottle of bubbly? Something that will last a bit longer like a pogo printer... I don't know how much you want to spend.

What a lovely thought xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

that's really nice. my loveliest pressies were hand made from the children or vouchers so I could choose - or wine
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents all know me well and get garden centre vouchers for me. I can buy a nice plant for the garden that will always remind me of their children. I have had a pasta making machine, pj's, smellies, wine, garden ornaments, jewellry and flowers