Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to a week off with my family and will be able to relax after got back from visiting the in laws! I have a very controlling mother in law and this is her first grandchild so my daughter does no wrong and gets away with murder! but i can't say anything as my parents are the opperset!

And the controlling mother in law will cook xmas dinner and i don't have too so that's good.

Anyway we will be home after boxing day and i am looking forward to some Christmas films and staying in my pjs as long as possible!
    Last edited by beachgirl29; 15-11-2013 at 12:27 PM.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Baa humbug - i'm looking forward to it all being over - roll on new year!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Im looking forward to having 2 weeks off and going away after xmas.

Im not looking forward to xmas shopping, thinking of what to buy (santa has given up coming to our house so he's left me to buy all the presents ) my kids making a list that consists of xbox games, xbox controller in the shape of a gun for £150, an xbox headset for £250 and a furby boom. Not sure which is more irritating (the expense or the annoying furby)

Then two days of xmas trying to fit all the family in. My Mum and dh, My dad and dw, my nan, pil's, sil, my brother and girlfriends. So no wine over xmas dinner cos I'll be driving onto the next house.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Glitter Guest

I am looking forward to so much.
    Listening to Christmas cd's all day,
    Watching my daughter sing carols in the town centre with school,
    Covering my whole house with tinsel,
    Doing lots of crafts and having glitter everywhere,
    Getting new socks for Christmas (I get some every year),
    Eating mince pies everyday for a whole month, and
    Watching Die Hard- my favourite Christmas film.

I am spending Christmas at home with my husband and children this year and NOT going to the in laws or my parents so I am really looking forward to it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I get far too excited over Xmas. I get so wound up that I become ill over xmas . I have to try and calm down.
    I love Xmas so much and with my amazing children it's perfect.

We bought a house this year and will be celebrating our first Xmas in our "own" house! Plus we have had a baby boy and this will be his first Xmas. 4 children, no merchant to leave the house. Xmas dinner and cozy Xmas for us! Heheheheheheh!
    No I must calm down! Hehe!

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

I did get a lovely invite to Christmas dinner at wibble wobbles house however the in law has already drawn up a timetable of what is happening and i am sure she's designed her Christmas table plan with little place cards lol! seriously she is like that!

I am not like that....would rather just chill at Christmas and not rush about.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Christmas, all 11 of my family go to my granny & grandad's for dinner & stay over, even though we all live 10 minutes away lol. It's just a big fun day full of games with the kids. This year we also have my grandad's 70th just before Xmas so very hectic!! But wouldn't change it :

Oh and I'm off for 3 whole weeks!!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to decorating my new playroom and have 2 full size trees to decorate, one for lo's and one for the house
    Love xmas day we have both sets of parents round for lunch and then have the evening chilling watching tv.
    Cath

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always used to like the Spinners TV show on Christmas Day. Hated the singing, but they came on about 1130pm and meant the whole d4mned thing was very nearly over for another year.

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

After xmas lunch I love all the xmas films especially the kids ones snuggled up on sofa with a tin of chocs then doze off ahhhh perfect

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've got a week and bit off, we are NOT going ANYWHERE to VISIT anyone ( well, will be seeing friends, but that doesn't count! )

lazy week, just mooching around and relaxing, some nice walks and some nice food.

am planning on 're-jigging' Christmas day as last year at BIL ( which was lovely ) the children woke at 8ish ( we took them to midnight mass so rather late to bed! ), we opened/played with stockings, had brunch around 11ish, got dressed, opened pressies, had 'lunch' around 3/4 and then played/chatted and watched films/tv. ate lots of chocolate! i'm hoping to do the same here, as otherwise I feel a bit as if I am always chasing people to eat a meal!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok reading everyone elses positive replies you have started to win me round - so here goes I am looking forward to my grandson's first Christmas and having great fun choosing presents for him - I am also looking forward to spending some time with my brother and his family as they moved to Jersey back in May and although we have seen them a couple of times and been to visit for 4 days, it's not the same as when they lived 10 mins drive away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    I love Christmas, all 11 of my family go to my granny & grandad's for dinner & stay over, even though we all live 10 minutes away lol. It's just a big fun day full of games with the kids. This year we also have my grandad's 70th just before Xmas so very hectic!! But wouldn't change it : Oh and I'm off for 3 whole weeks!!
    That sounds amazing!!
    I am having in laws for dinner for first time so bit nervous.! My Christmas starts now .. Off on weekend shopping trip I do every year with four friends! We do the pantomime and fil takes whole family out to restaurant Christmas Eve which is lovely... Can't wait!!!

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Every weekend in December there something christmasy going on....plus got 3 days off at the beginning of December of which mil is coming to ours to look after our children so we can go to Christmas markets :-D... Going in laws for christmas dinner...the drive back 40min dtrive as dh won't stay over then back to in laws for the boxing day party but staying over that night....off until the monday. ...back in work monday and Tuesday off nyd then back to work

Apr-08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to two weeks off and spending lots of quality time with my kids and family.

Only 4 weeks to go before I close! xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

looking forward to 2 weeks off (though a pile of studying to do and learn all my phonics for after xmas as I'll be teaching it!)

looking forward to spending time with kids and seeing family and eating far too much
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I always used to like the Spinners TV show on Christmas Day. Hated the singing, but they came on about 1130pm and meant the whole d4mned thing was very nearly over for another year.
    Don't knock the Spinners ...my fav Christmas songs...we play them all the time from Dec 20th... Mrs Hooligan's Christmas pud and the best humourous Twelve Days of Christmas ....!!

We have a big friends and family Christmas Eve gathering.... Church for late service ..With loads of family staying for Christmas Day...my youngest ( now age 22!) wakes up very early and gets us all excited... Tea in bed with youngest bouncing to go downstairs( the stocking on bed is designed to keep ch occupied - but never really worked for youngest! ) Take turns for us all to open pressies so lasts forever. Dh and I have 'us' time creating Christmas dinner after breakfast, intercepted by drop in friends and neighbours with champagne (Aldi's best!) flowing from early on. Queens speech... Afternoon of enjoying gifts and walking out if anyone is inclined...just chatting..wearing christmas best....(listening to the Spinners)
    Christmas cake and selection of cheese for late tea/ supper...film ( chosen by vote from Christmas gifts) ...port/ Christmas alcohol...music from gifts as people go to bed... Lovely family time...holding on to this as one year soon my boys will be obliged to spend Christmas with in laws..but for now we are the choice..

This year Christmas eve task is to bring favourite top 3 artists/ paintings( downloaded!) I wonder if anyone chooses the same??!
    What would yours be??
    Last edited by FloraDora; 15-11-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love putting up my tree and having some time off work.

Kids are no longer kids - 17 and 19 so they would stay in bed late if I let them! No family to visit us or us to them as DH has to work on and off through the festivities - cows still need feeding and milking .

My family are 120 miles away with their own lives and mum will be in the care home for most of the time - she goes home with my sis as her carer 3 days a week but we think she will have more fun in the home (alzheimers) and sis will have a break as things are getting more difficult and won't be long before she is in full time

I have lots of Christmas movies and will blow the diet for the day, huge turkey and big slice of choc fudge cake watching TV
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cant wait

My brother and SIL and my gorgeous niece who I have never met in real life are coming on the 7th and are here till about the 28th. They are going visiting for days in between. I want it to snow so my niece can experience snow they live in Australia so its going to be cold here for her

Oh I cant wait
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

21. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to having a few days off with my 2 boys but hubby is away at work the whole Christmas and new year period so it won't be the same(he works in the north sea on an oil rig) We are going to my mum's for dinner.
    Pixie Dust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast