any advice on using a nanny
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default any advice on using a nanny

A friend of mine can't find a child minder as all full. And didn't know if a nanny was a good route to go down. Are there any nanny's out that who could tell me the what when how details please thanks

Registered Childminder since
    aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nanny

A nanny looks after the child in their own home takes them out and plays with them, not that different from a childminder really but childminder's have all the paper work, and they just do the hours that the parent wants them to do, a lot are selfemployed

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend using the website ***** to find out information.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Nannies are normally employed, so your friend would have to pay NI and see to their taxes. Just depends what your friend wants, lots of nannies are trained to work with children, most have level 3, some have other qualifications like Norland. They normally see to all the children's needs, only, known as nursery duties, meaning, cooking for children, washing, ironing children's clothes. Keeping room and toys tidy. Some live in and others live out. Wages rage depending where you live , live in or live out. In my area nannies are getting between £10-£15 per hour live out net. But these are trained nannies. Unless the nanny is registered with Ofsted your friend would not be able to claim vouchers but if she/he was then she would be able. There are others around, like a mothers help, who would earn less money and help a little around the house or a Au Pair. Your friend could employ anyone I guess, less trained and experienced and pay much less but |I don't know how good the care would be. I for sure would check all references. Agencies insist or they should do, that any one on their books have a police check and a First Aid

aug 13
    Non childminder member
    childminder to be
    Post Thanks / Like

my area you would not get anyway near 10 to 15 an hour, and that's Ofsted registered with all the checks and qualifacations, you discuss a fee u and the parent are happy with

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amelia lilly View Post
    my area you would not get anyway near 10 to 15 an hour, and that's Ofsted registered with all the checks and qualifacations, you discuss a fee u and the parent are happy with
    Like I say, just like childminding different fees for different areas. I get between £6 and £7 per hour childmining, my friend lives in a small northern town gets £3.40 per hour. Every one discusses fees I am sure!