Feeling very guilty.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling very guilty.

We moved house a few weeks ago and our giant rabbit Henri (he was the size of a small dog) had lived quite happily in our garden for the past 5 yrs, never got out and nothing got in, he lived free in the garden had a hutch but rarely went into it, only to get his food even when it was -10 a few winters ago, anyway we moved and he came about a week later, the next day he had got out (into a closed field behind out house) it belongs to the sports and social club, anyway over the coming days he kept disappearing sometimes for hrs and then I'd find him sat in the garden.
    Anyway I kept telling my hubby he needed to fix the fence where we thought he'd got out, he didn't and we had a very bad storm one night I was out there with my torch in the thunder and lightning and rain calling him through the fence (as you do) he was nowhere to be seen, anyway the next morning I woke up opened my curtains in the bedroom it over looks the field and I could see him lying in the middle of the field, he was obviously dead, managed to get a neighbour who has a gate to the field to get him for me, wrapped him in a towel and he put him by my bins as I had a house full of children, when they'd all gone to school I brought him inside, he'd been half eaten by something, he had no head at all and his paws were missing, I'm so sad about it as he'd been so happy all these years and feel it's our fault he died as we should if prevented him or should I say my hubby should of fixed the fence, he'd only been here a couple of weeks my poor Henri, the kids were very upset as he was a big part of our family, no point to this post just
    wanted to share. Oh and it cost me £25 for the vets to dispose of him for me. X

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read that. Don't beat yourself up about it you have a lot on with moving house. On a positive note what a wonderful wonderful life he has had, so much freedom he must have been one happy bunny!, quality not quantity x

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hubbys are useless. I've been telling my hubby to sort out our chickens to stop them flying over the fence and getting out. He still hasn't and over the weekend one of them has gone missing and still hasn't returned. When our beloved dog died earlier in the year we buried her in the back garden rather than letting the vets deal with her.
    love Sarah.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear your sad news, he had a lovely life and a fox could have jumped over the fence into your garden at any time at your old house so don't blame the house move or yourself.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw that's horrible poor thing. Exactly the same happened to our lovely giant rabbit who used to spend most of his day indoors. Definitely a fox did that if just took head & paws.