Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default has seen the first house decorated for christmas

Anyone beat me.

It would drive me nuts to have the decorations up for that long.
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 02-11-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Christmas BUT anything longer than Chrismas Eve to New Years Days is too long for me!

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    I love Christmas BUT anything longer than Chrismas Eve to New Years Days is too long for me!
    We get the tree up because the children want it but its usually down before new year
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My neighbour has started putting theirs up (mid October), but doesn't switch them on till nearer the time thank goodness - think they must get a special rate off the national grid lol

I don't do Christmas till 1st December (bah humbug), that's the day I buy a big bottle of baileys, and will receive my DS and DD's list without complaint

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about it!!! I love twinkly lights - the smell of Christmas, it always warms my heart.

My tree is 20 years old - nothing matches - lots of things my kids have made over the years - every bauble/ornament, bit of dangly gives me a warm feeling. My youngest son decorates it for ME! It generally looks like a skip and I love it.

I have lots of pressies bought, wrapped and hid, all mindees pressies done, Bring on Christmas.... I love you!

7. Likes bindy, tulip0803 liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Normaly decorate the outside at beginning of December as we have a christmas/because we feel like it party each year so it's nice to have people see it as I have no neighbours so no one would see it if I didn't do it then

Glitter Guest

Christmas CD starts playing on 1st of December, but decorations don't go up until a couple of days before Christmas. And it is always down on New Years Day.
    I love Christmas but get fed up of having everything out.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Tree goes up on December 1st only because my daughter and I go to my mothers house for Christmas, so only have the tree for 2 weeks. Last year I put the tree out side on the balcony before we left. Seemed very strange undressing the tree on December 14th but it was great not coming back to a dead tree after the New Year. My neighbours were going to take it and use it but did not like, I told them if they see it out there this year please to take. Christmas starts for me once back at my family! Lots of children, decorations, happy soles and drink!!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont do anything for xmas until the 2nd week of december as its ds's birthday on the 2nd.

I feel to do anything earlier would take the shine off for him x

Also im a major humbug but try to hide it x

12. Likes cathtee liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post
    Tree goes up on December 1st only because my daughter and I go to my mothers house for Christmas, so only have the tree for 2 weeks. Last year I put the tree out side on the balcony before we left. Seemed very strange undressing the tree on December 14th but it was great not coming back to a dead tree after the New Year. My neighbours were going to take it and use it but did not like, I told them if they see it out there this year please to take. Christmas starts for me once back at my family! Lots of children, decorations, happy soles and drink!!
    I totally agree.

Im putting my tree up on the 8th as that's when my brother and sister -in-law arrive with my niece (who I have never meet).

The children always decorate here and it will be nice for my niece to join in too

Its going to be a fabulous family Christmas here

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ist of december the tree goes up here, kitchen and playroom decorated and then playroom added to as the LO's make things. All down after new year. I love Xmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm am thinking of 26th nov this year!! We have a talk show here called the late late show and they do a toy show every Christmas, kids demonstrate toys and its full of little cherubs playing and choirs singing its fab! It's the start of Christmas for a lot of people here but apparently this year it's 26th nov!! Won't feel like Christmas if the tree isn't up!! Am hoping date is wrong!

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We put ours up the first weekend in December and normally its down boxing day as im fed up with it all by then
    Fiona xx

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

we normally put ours up after Children in Need at end of November. I am usually taking it all down just after Boxing Day too as it gets on my nerves after then!

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Anyone beat me.

It would drive me nuts to have the decorations up for that long.
    Thats just plain daft!

Post Thanks / Like

My dd's birthday is on the 9th so if her birthday falls mid week we usually put the tree up that evening as she usually has her party on the nearest weekend. And its a lovely family thing to do for her on her birthday! If it falls on the weekend then we do it on the day her party isnt on x I love xmas and the warm cosy nights but to put it up any time sooner would drive me batty!

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No decs up yet here but I am already planning. We have family living abroad so I have to sort out their presents during half term or they won't arrive on time. That puts me in the mood for some Christmas planning (almost as much fun as the real thing, I find!)

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My tree is normally up in the first week of dec I'm a big kid when it comes to Christmas and can't wait but any earlier and I would go mad!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my dd birthday on the 1st Dec so tree doesn't go up until mid dec although she's 28 this year and married but it's tradition.
    Cath

Post Thanks / Like

We don't put the tree up till around the 15th December,youngest sons birthday 9th December(will be 22yrs) & oldest sons birthday 22nd December(will be 23yrs) so we have a mixture of birthday & Christmas oh the joys. Xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast