Is the storm coming your way tonight?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Simona Guest

Default Is the storm coming your way tonight?

Oh my God!!!!...this is so spooky...have been listening all day to all the warnings...all this new technology and prediction is very helpful indeed but it has made me so nervous, what is coming, when, where, what is the strength of the storm?
    What is my back up plan?
    what do I do if the storm hits me ...or my house? am I complying to all requirements?
    will I be housebound? so what???

I think I preferred it when you had to guess rather than listen to all the experts...I feel a nervous wreck!
    all I have had is a few drops of rains so far...will it all happen when I am asleep?

Are you all prepared and OK?

Lets check tomorrow we have all survived the worst storm ever!!!
    Off to get a glass of wine or 2 maybe ...that will calm my nerves!

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It looks like I am right in the middle of the storm track so fingers crossed I'm still here in the morning. Michael Fish was saying this morning it won't be as strong as the 1987 storm (and he's never wrong right )

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had planned outdoor activities for tomorrow, but hey if it's that bad we can always bake instead More worried about ds
    driving down to London on the M1 from the midlands than my plans being altered.

Stay safe everyone
    Cath

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of learning opportunities out side tomorrow, how to swim across the road, find the fence/shed probably hiding a few doors down, dodging flying roof tiles, count the trees we have to climb over to get ...... Lessons in horizontal walking, new wind swept hair styles for all. Lots of exciting new skills to learn for free!! Only joking stay safe everyone x

6. Likes AliceK, tulip0803, Tulip, N/A, Maza, cherry, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watford wizz View Post
    Lots of learning opportunities out side tomorrow, how to swim across the road, find the fence/shed probably hiding a few doors down, dodging flying roof tiles, count the trees we have to climb over to get ...... Lessons in horizontal walking, new wind swept hair styles for all. Lots of exciting new skills to learn for free!! Only joking stay safe everyone x
    This made me laugh!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in orpington, Kent and it is chucking it down now. Not particularly windy though......yet!

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm up the road from Orpington in Sidcup and all is quiet- eerily quiet! It was windy earlier so did it arrive early and it's already passed through?

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh the rain just arrived Sylvia!

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a long a waited appointed for my daughter at Great Ormond St Hospital tomorrow, already been warned the trains will either be delayed or cancelled. Will have to drive in, not looking forward!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We're in Surrey so right where hurricane will be - bit windy at the mo, very wet!

Our poor dog is in vets tonight as he is poorly! I feel so worried about him being there when this is going on. Lets hope not too bad. At least we should all be prepared!??!?!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post
    Got a long a waited appointed for my daughter at Great Ormond St Hospital tomorrow, already been warned the trains will either be delayed or cancelled. Will have to drive in, not looking forward!
    Good luck bindy.

Our rain has just arrived. Heavy. Am wondering whether to let DD sleep in our room tonight as there are a few trees in our front garden where she is. DH thinks I am being over cautious. Will reassess later on. x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post
    Take care Bindy whichever way you have to travel up to GOSH
    Rain has arrived in Twickenham...not so much wind but hopefully will sleep through it and assess in the morning

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Bindy my son and his friend are waiting at Watford Junction for a Virgin Train to Liverpool which left Euston at 5.27am on time. I don't think you will have a problem in London by the sounds of it but it will depend on where you are coming from.

These storms are not the worst ever!!! They are nothing like as bad as those storms in October 1987. It is the rain this time that seems to be causing more problems than the wind. We have a fairly local tube station that is closed due to flooding but the QE 2 Bridge hadn't closed at 5am and that closes at the drop of a hat when it gets windy. Don't get me wrong the weather is bad but it is far from 'the worst ever'.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

The BBC are banging on about it! Seems to me like it's bad, yes, but it's a bit like when it snows... everything has too stop!!

Bindy, all the best for today, I hope you get the outcome you hope for xxx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTK007 View Post
    It looks like I am right in the middle of the storm track so fingers crossed I'm still here in the morning. Michael Fish was saying this morning it won't be as strong as the 1987 storm (and he's never wrong right )
    Seems to have passed without much problem here

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MTK007 View Post
    Seems to have passed without much problem here
    High winds and heavy rain lashing against bedroom window woke me at 5 am this morning but other than a branch down off a tree in neighbours garden can't see any other damage - fences all present and correct

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Bit windy here in silly suffolk, news reckon it will be over by this afternoon.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless I was in a deep sleep last night I heard nothing so looks like it's missed us up here North.
    love Sarah.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Massive storm here last night.

...... though why she can't just put the toilet seat down herself, I'll never know.

22. Likes Kiddleywinks, Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Massive storm here last night.

...... though why she can't just put the toilet seat down herself, I'll never know.
    Now that just made me laugh out loud !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast