Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tablet for my dd for Xmas

Hi
    I really want to get my daughter a tablet for Xmas- she is only 2.5 years old but is never off my ipad and has become really really good on it so I would love to get her something just for her so I can download games for her etc. but apart from an ipad which is quite expensive for such a young child can anyone else recommend any other tablet please? I have brought her a leap pad for her second birthday and was disappointed with it as even I found it difficult to use plus the screen was small.

I'm looking for something with a reasonable size screen, can download game apps to and can access the internet (she likes to watch peppa pig, mr tumble etc on youtube)

Thank you x

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my parents got a tablet for 60 in a sale on amazon? Don't know make but works nicely x

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my dd3 a leap pad 2. The screen no where near as big as an iPad or tablet BUT.....IMO if I get her something like this now, what on earth will I get her in the future!

The old saying "too much, too young!" Rings in my ears constantly, ever since a friend if mine began giving her children aged 9 and 11 money for birthday and Christmas because she'd already bought them everything under the sun!!

With all the exciting stuff out there, it's often tricky to avoid buying certain things without considering what alternatives the child would equally enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the bush mytablet at argos. Ive just bought this for my 5yo, she too asked for an ipad but at 5 i think its too expensive. Id rather get her this and then get the ipad later on when shes wiser with technology x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Both my DS and DD want tablets for Xmas but my OH says the tablet has to have a quad core graphics card in otherwise they are no good for playing games. I've had a look at a few but they are not cheap!!!

xxx

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware she is young- but she is not spoilt- she spends all week either outside playing- woods soft play toddler groups park etc and lots of messy play indoors so I am aware of "too much too soon" however in the evening she watches 30 mins of tv waiting for mindees to go home so often watches stuff on my iPad which I also use for work so I thought why not.

Thank you for the suggestions- think I will go to currys and have a play around x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I bought my daughter this for her 2nd birthday and she loves it! There are occasions where I will still let her use my iPad but the innotab does keep her amused for hours!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a tablet from ebay. They are new and it cost £64. It has a 9.5 inch screen and is very simple to use. It also came with a free keyboard case. I got it for my grand daughters and little ones to use but I have also used it myself. Have downloaded loads of game apps. Well worth the price. Its called a All winner tablet. xx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.minigadget.co.uk/android-tablet-c-1.html

I've got 3 android tablets for my mindees to use, all bought from mini gadget website.
    There is one on here for £49.99...which is similar to one I have and it's fab

HTH

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x