Childminders slated AGAIN. Mind you it is the Daily Mail!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 87
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminders slated AGAIN. Mind you it is the Daily Mail!!

Words fail me I'm a grandparent too so according to this research my minded children and grandchildren haven't much hope.

Does daycare turn children into monsters? Kids who have childminders are 'more likely to have behavioural problems' | Mail Online

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon this is a spin! So that when the next government come in (I'm betting on labour!) after the next election and the "new" government decide that the 2yr finding is too costly, it will be easy retracted on the basis of this tosh!!!

One minute we want parents in work, the next we want them at home with their children!!

WE CANT HAVE BOTH!!! And it doesn't take a fat cat salary to work that one out!!!!!

So we need a compromise but unfortunately the likes of Truss and her counterparts are so busy trying to boost academic achievements for both the children and their carers, that sight of what really matters, is being lost.....and what is that? What really matters for our early years age group?

CARE, LOVE, STABILITY, FREEDOM, PLAY, GUIDANCE

NOT.....

SETTING AND MEETING GOALS, TICKING OR NOT TICKING BOXES, REPORTING AND OBSERVING WHILST FOLLOWING THEM ABOUT WITH A NOTEPAD!!

3. Likes tulip0803, lilac_dragon liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The final part says

"'The same study showed that childcare of higher quality had a benefit for children’s learning. Overall, research shows that it is the quality of care that matters much more than whether the child is at home or in childcare.’'

So there you have it. We offer higher quality care, so we're benefiting the children

5. Likes sarah707, rickysmiths, AgentTink liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.ecersuk.org/resources/Mor...March+2013.pdf

Link to actual research.

If you read this you will see that the Daily Mail, as per usual have chosen their own slant to take on what is actually a fairly reasoned document in places.

My mantra is 'Don't believe what the media says.....especially the Daily Mail' .

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

write to them and complain/ask them to print your letter pointing out the bit mouse stated.

they probably won't respond/reply, but you will feel you have tried to make a difference.

I wrote to a magazine earlier in the year, and the press complaints and ended up with some sort of acknowledgement, but they were determined they were right! but I felt better knowing i'd made a fuss and the magazine had had to deal with it!