Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default On benefits & proud :-/

Just watching this on demand finding myself shouting at the tv lol

Must be nice having the option not to work unless you have £500 per week wages after paying bills ect :-@

2. Likes cupcakencookie liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5/3/13
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it but these programs get right on my nerves....

These people are the exceptions not the everyday person...They are just supporting the government theory everyone who claims benefits is a scrounger...

4. Likes cupcakencookie liked this post
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adele1985 View Post

Must be nice having the option not to work unless you have £500 per week wages after paying bills ect :-@
    That really annoyed me!! With two of us working full time we don't have £500 a week left after bills-wonder if that means we should give up work and go on benefits?

6. Likes cupcakencookie liked this post
    sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Please select
    Post Thanks / Like

£500/wk AFTER bills???? We both work full time and don't have that BEFORE bills
    Didn't watch it as I knew it would annoy me and OH would probably explode on the spot! Am all for benefits for those who really need them and understand there are lots of people out there who would love to find work and come off benefits but honestly...£500/WEEK???????????? AFTER BILLS!!!!?????
    Phew... needed a rant! Think I'd better go have a lie-down and a horlicks to calm down (oops sorry Tesco Extra value malted milk!)

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Grrr makes me mad

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching this on demand finding myself shouting at the tv lol Must be nice having the option not to work unless you have £500 per week wages after paying bills ect :-@
    They really need to start clamping down on it!!!

It's a joke!!

Scum bags breed scum bags mainly too - numbers keep on multiplying - we can't keep doing it!!

They need to start putting more in place to help us middle class people who plod on month by month. Working long hours, yet we just have enough to get by.

We go without holidays, luxuries and miss out on precious family time trying to make ends meet!

It's totally unfair!!! xx

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've worked all my life since the age of 16, and had to go on benefits for a short while after the company I worked for went pop.

I can honestly say it was a very depressing time in my life
    It was humiliating, I was made to feel guilty about claiming in the first place, and we never had anything left over for treats/extras, sometimes not even for a joint of meat on a Sunday! - I don't know how long term benefit claimants manage to get half the amount of money they do!
    There was certainly no multiple TV packages, takeaways, trips to the pub, holidays etc, even the car had to go during this period - I couldn't afford to run it!

I was grateful for the system being there when I needed it, but as a long term option...? No thanks!

12. Likes starlight1, Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I've worked all my life since the age of 16, and had to go on benefits for a short while after the company I worked for went pop. I can honestly say it was a very depressing time in my life It was humiliating, I was made to feel guilty about claiming in the first place, and we never had anything left over for treats/extras, sometimes not even for a joint of meat on a Sunday! - I don't know how long term benefit claimants manage to get half the amount of money they do! There was certainly no multiple TV packages, takeaways, trips to the pub, holidays etc, even the car had to go during this period - I couldn't afford to run it! I was grateful for the system being there when I needed it, but as a long term option...? No thanks!
    And it's for times like this the system should be used!

It's appreciated and not taken for granted!

You've worked for years and put your fair share in to the system and it's only right it's there in times of need!!

See abit of a similar situation

The child benefit that everyone gets regardless of circumstances the one that's around £80

- my attitude it 'wow they don't have to give me anything, but it helps out and I really appreciate that each month'

A friend of mine who is a benefit queen!! Has her home, bills, children etc all paid for and she has take Aways as she pleases, they are season ticket holders, she's always got her nails and hair done etc her attitude to the £80 is
    "It's ****** disgusting what are they thinking - £80 doesn't even cover milk and nappies!"

We have had so many heated arguments over it all!!

My poor hubby goes out working long hours to provide for us - he's missing out on time with us and us with him and yet they both dont work spend every min of every day together and have no intentions of ever working because 'why bother when we have it all anyway?' Hmmm

This is where the system needs to change!!! xx