Recording incidents/accidents
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recording incidents/accidents

Hi, I'm currently potty training a little boy who *****mind, he hasn't made it to the potty in time and now has a pair of wet trousers. I record this in the daily diary but do I need to record it in the incident/ accident book aswell? X

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez66 View Post
    Hi, I'm currently potty training a little boy who *****mind, he hasn't made it to the potty in time and now has a pair of wet trousers. I record this in the daily diary but do I need to record it in the incident/ accident book aswell? X
    I wouldn't, I use mine more for if there is an incident such as one child biting another or an accident such as tripping and grazing knee.
    I'd just record the potty training in his diary :-)

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't- assume you now have him in a pair of dry trousers

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes lol, I just wanted to check as I'm due my first Ofsted inspection.

Also I had a parent say that they noticed a bruise on their son last week once they had collected him from mine.we went out for the day to paultons park, he didnt say anything to me which he normally does, they were on the bouncy castle and went into the indoor play area and there were quite a few children in there. How would you record this ?

Post Thanks / Like

Was the bruise in an unusual place? Kids are always getting bruises and often don't cry when they get them, do there is no way of knowing when they actually did it

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

It was on his back just below his shoulder. I didn't see anything but on the bouncy castle you can't see them when their behind the blow up animals. Do I record this as it could of happened at home but I'm really not sure

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes if parents indicate that they think the bruise happened on my watch but I don't know how it happened - not because I'm not paying attention but because sometimes bruises just appear (I haven't got a clue how I have got half the bruises on my own legs!), I write it up under existing injuries - but word it in such a way that shows that the parent has mentioned the bruise and neither of us knows how child got it.

And to your first question - no you don't need to record a toilet training accident as an incident - however if an older child reverted to wetting themselves you may need to record as a concern as it could be a sign of abuse or an untreated urinary tract infection.