Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    how was the dress free??
    My oldest friend had a friend who was a dress maker. She had a friend who worked for pronuptia. When the sales finished she used to be given any end of season dresses for the lace. When and I rang my friend to say I was getting married this friend had been just given 8 dresses, my friend rang her and said 'don't cut them up' let my friend have a look first!! So she did and I got a free wedding dress. I loved the lace but not the very fussy bodice so my mum and I made a new bodice.

I also made my Going Away Dress, anyone else have one of those? We used to leave at the end of the Reception, no long into the night dos in my day! We were on a plane to Crete by 11.30pm on the evening of our Wedding Day. I found the day tiring enough, I would have never survived a do into the early hours as well! My dress cost £30 and I had red shoes, red handbag and a cream hat and a black jacket to go with it. The hat is in my cm dressing up box now!

I still have the dress and jacket and am planning to wear it for my 25th party next year. I just need to loose 4 stone first!
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 07-10-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post

that's sad or maybe a lucky escape??
    Was certainly lucky for me :-) but didn't ask her lol xxx

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My dream dress was £3200, which was beyond my budget. I managed to buy a shop sample for £230, then bought shoes for £60 and veil for £110. My chief bridesmaids dress cost more than mine!
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

£200 just over 34yrs ago, still have it and still love it( dare not try it on for size now!) xx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    My oldest friend had a friend who was a dress maker. She had a friend who worked for pronuptia. When the sales finished she used to be given any end of season dresses for the lace. When and I rang my friend to say I was getting married this friend had been just given 8 dresses, my friend rang her and said 'don't cut them up' let my friend have a look first!! So she did and I got a free wedding dress. I loved the lace but not the very fussy bodice so my mum and I made a new bodice.

I also made my Going Away Dress, anyone else have one of those? We used to leave at the end of the Reception, no long into the night dos in my day! We were on a plane to Crete by 11.30pm on the evening of our Wedding Day. I found the day tiring enough, I would have never survived a do into the early hours as well! My dress cost £30 and I had red shoes, red handbag and a cream hat and a black jacket to go with it. The hat is in my cm dressing up box now!

I still have the dress and jacket and am planning to wear it for my 25th party next year. I just need to loose 4 stone first!
    My 'Going away outfit 'cost more than my wedding dress!! Happy to splash out on that as I knew I would wear it lots ....

Suede patchwork midi skirt with matching suede/ knitted waistcoat and blouse with loopy ears collar... We were at our honeymoon destination -Grosvenor Hotel( nylon sheets!) Stratford upon Avon by 7.30 - everyone said the evening do at our wedding was the best family celebration.... Shame we had to miss it ... That was the expected thing to do then!!

The waistcoat has been used in loads of school plays .. So worth the expense!

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine cost £4k over 12 years ago!!! I could almost weep at the extravagance of it now as we lead such a different (poorer) life. That said, my parents paid for everything & always made it clear we could have the wedding of our dreams but there was no 'cash equivalent' if we didn't get married/paid for it ourselves/eloped etc.
    Last edited by MrsP2C; 07-10-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123