Osteopathy for Headaches?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Osteopathy for Headaches?

I have suffered for as long as I can remember with persistent headaches, blocked feeling in my forehead and sore eyes. I have tried every traditional medical treatment, even been referred to a neurologist, who diagnosed me with muscular contractions, said it was basically down to stress. After a constant 6 week headache, night-times are the worst, I can wake up in agony, I am really fed up.

I have been on antibiotics in case it was a sinus infection, I use a sinus wash but the pain is still there.

I have just told one of my mums about cranial osteopathy for her newborn who is incredibly unsettled and thought could it work for me?

Have any of you had any experience of this, or have any other advice.

Thanks.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I visit the Osteopath regularly for the same reason. Gp thought it was sinus related but it originates from the back of my neck then up towards my head and face. I find a visit to the Osteo will cure it instantly then I go for maintenance two or three times a year x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snortlet View Post
    I visit the Osteopath regularly for the same reason. Gp thought it was sinus related but it originates from the back of my neck then up towards my head and face. I find a visit to the Osteo will cure it instantly then I go for maintenance two or three times a year x
    Oh thanks! I also do get quite a stiff neck. I have booked an appointment for next week, will be thrilled if it helps at all, also frustrated for not thinking of it sooner.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ds sees an osteo for all sorts of things and says it helps.

My mum went to see one because she had had sinusitis for years. .. it cleared it.

I would give it a go or at least ask the osteos advice if they can help. X