Proud of your kids
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Proud of your kids

His is not cm related but I just wanted to share how proud I am if my eldest daughter
    We all know how hard it is for youngsters to get a job nowadays, in fact anyone. Two years ago my daughter signed up on an apprenticeship with Next store. The money was rubbish but it was better than sitting at home. She has worked her way up from an apprentice to merit sales to team leader and now has been made a supervisor. She is going to be in the Next employee magazine as 'a success story'
    I'm a very proud mummy, it makes getting up at ridiculous hours to take her to work for Next sales!!!! So worth it
    I'd love to here from other parents on what has made them proud of their kids

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well done Dd that is indeed something to be proud of!!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

My ds was born with club foot. Both feet were completely bent in the wrong direction. When I 1st saw him I couldn't help thinking he would never ever be able to walk. Well you would never know he was born like that. Everytime he runs it brings a tear to my eye! So unbelievably proud of this little boy and everything he's been through

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations DD! It's so nice to hear of kids doing well and working hard as we hear about the other end of the spectrum so often. Hope you get a good discount at Next! x

5. Likes adedwards68 liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

well done to your dd and to next for recognising the potential x

I am proud of ds on a daily basis as he was born 10 weeks prem at 2lb 3oz. We were told after 3 brain scans that there were patches of reflectivity which were probably brain damage. Not only has he found reading easy (on level 8 books by the end of year R) but he was going into the class a year above for his spelling test every week.

The saturday just gone we had yet another success. We took him for a martial arts trial and all morning he was telling me how he didnt want to go and he would hate it as he lacks confidence in any change. Not only did he join in but he was really good too. He kicks properly and higher than his head before he has even done any training. Also afterwards I got a text from the trainer to tell me that ds had done an exceptional job for his first try.

Jan 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Nursery Nurse
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Proud of my DS

I'm proud of my DS. He is now 17. At 14 he came out as transgender. It had taken him a year to build up to telling his sister and myself. At the age of 14 he changed his female name to a male name and transitioned socially and at school to living as male. Since then he has joined a brass band, the scouts and started college in his new role.

He amazes me every day with his determination to make friends and make a success of his life.

I still worry all the time about how hard his life is going to be and how many obstacles will have to be surmounted, but he is more positive and optimistic about life than he ever was in the 14 years he spent living as a girl.