Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what wakes you?

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what wakes you?

I've just been having a chat with my DH. The slightest noise will wake him in the night. I will sleep through anything! The only noises that wake me are my children crying or my alarm.
    We both have the same phone & use the same alarm tone. When his goes off it doesn't wake me. 30mins later when mine goes off I wake straight away! Anyone else like this?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing except my son and my alarm too! I slept through an earthquake in Greece and the buncefield explosion was near my house at the time and I slept through that too!!!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A spiders footsteps on the wall of the next room will wake me!
    I have my fan on every night just to create a base noise so the tiny noises no one else can hear don't disturb me so often. I have auditory processing disorder so I can't filter noises at all.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlottenash View Post
    Nothing except my son and my alarm too! I slept through an earthquake in Greece and the buncefield explosion was near my house at the time and I slept through that too!!!
    The slightest thing wakes me up!! It's so annoying!! I woke up when buncefield went off, to me it was huge!!! I wish I slept deeper but sadly no!!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Our neighbours get up a 4.30am every single day, even over the weekend. And even though they have a 5 bed house with 3 ensuites. They HAVE to use the one right next to our bedroom. GRRR!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Only my son will wake me up. My mum still tells stories of how when on antibiotics she used to come in my room say Sit I would sit the . Open I would ope my mouth and she would pop pill in then swallow and I would swallow it. I don't ever remember it. Oh has now done the same. It's scary as people could give me anything.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

It takes a lot to wake me up, I can even sleep through my 8 year old calling me in the night! Many a time I've woken up with him beside me in bed, he tells me he shouts to ask if he can come through but I mostly don't hear him!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Foxes and the neighbours cats if they are out.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supernanny86 View Post
    The slightest thing wakes me up!! It's so annoying!! I woke up when buncefield went off, to me it was huge!!! I wish I slept deeper but sadly no!!
    I think everyone woke up for that but me haha

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Very light sleeper and hear every noise. Cant wait until I can have the windows closed, cos sleep better then only the noises from hubby to wake me then

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to sleep through anything but once I had my son I'm a really light sleeper unless I'm absolutely shattered or drunk...lol

If something wakes me up in the night, like the house alarm, someone's phone or cats outside I seem to be wide awake straight away whereas dh always gets up and usually either falls over, bangs his head or mutters something that doesn't make sense

He's really funny when he wakes up in the night..... Once the house alarm was set off by one of the cats and he shot out of bed and went into the bathroom....
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will stir if my ds (26) has been out and comes in in the early hours, but my dh gets into bed about 1 1/2 hours after me every night and
    I don't even know he's got into bed until i wake in the morning and find him there. Worrying really could be anyone
    Cath

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ' hear ' my children in the night before they actually wake/ make a noise. Scary really. I heard ds last night and a few minutes later he appeared by my bed talking gobbledegook. I asked him to repeat and he did exactly and then got into bed with me and was asleep in seconds! I was asleep quickly and woke up 4 hrs later and shoo'd him back to bed. .. He has no recollection at all!

If I'm waiting for dh to come home I always hear him coming in the front door but never to bed.

Very little else wakes me.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Next doors newborn baby at the moment! I'm sure I wake up before mum does during the night!!!! Had forgotten just how hard the nights were and it isn't even my baby this time!!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

If DH is away I wake up to everything. When he's home I go to sleep at 9 and wake up to the alarm clock, I've slept through thunderstorms when camping, police sirens going off, the television on in my bedroom, DH hoovering, nothing disturbs me.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Every sunday morning the local OAPS walk their dogs.

Why should this wake me I hear you ask?

They choose to all meet up at the front of my house at 8am and chat about their aches and pains whist their dogs bark and fight with eachother!!!!!!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter who has to go to mummy side of the bed every time at 7am 7 days a week to say "mummy my tick tock is green!"

but i guess she's good for waiting till her clock goes green. Shame i can't change the time setting just for weekends

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maisiemog View Post
    Next doors newborn baby at the moment! I'm sure I wake up before mum does during the night!!!! Had forgotten just how hard the nights were and it isn't even my baby this time!!!!
    *****mind for my neighbours children. I have woken up in the middle of the night with the baby crying. I had checked both my daughters before i realised where it was coming from!

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My cat is the only one who wakes me up. He will meow to get in the bed if hes cold. I can sleep through everything else. DH cant wake me to get me to move over if I fall asleap in the middle of the bed and has resorted once or twice to making a cat noise to make me move over as he knows I will wake instantly! crazy but I'm totally unaware at the time!

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

When my children were younger I would be alert to their slightest noise but now that they are older, I sleep very soundly. My husband or one of the children will have to wake me to alert me to any problems. My 18 year old daughter woke me recently to tell me her 13 year old brother was feeling ill in the middle of the night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast