Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YOUR PETS

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

I can understand that would be tough x I just used to laugh when mine was on one x the poor bird had been told he was a boy for the first 7 yrs but we discovered it was a girl when I took him on x I still refer to it as a him x old habits eh? Lol x
    It's funny as everyone assumes ours is a boy too! Next door to us to have a male one and he is a right handful lol! Xx

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a 13 year old cat, 5 year old dwarf lop, a year old hamster, 7 month old winter white hamster, 2 goldfish and a pond of koi carp lol

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    What's a gals?!
    A Giant African Land Snail

xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

2 kittens Buzz and Woody.

Jan 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Nursery Nurse
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a hairy hamster called Gizmo,
    3 female guinea pigs called Toffee, Rio and Ruby;
    a tom-cat called Merlin
    and a bearded dragon called Vera (she used to have a partner called Jack).

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5/3/13
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a guinea pig called fillmore ( from Disney cars)

and 3 stick insects....No names

aug 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good in june
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pets

A 5 year old Labradoodle,2 cats ,3 chicken and a cockerel.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a little girl settling in this morning. Just a couple of hours and after playing with some toys I took her in the garden to say hello to the ducks, the chicken and the guinea pigs. She was a bit nervous of our two cats but soon thought they were funny when she saw them having a 'window' fight with one on the outside and one on the inside of the sun room. Up and down they went. jumping up at each other. So I find that when you have new starters, the pets in your home can be a good 'ice-breaker'
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

9. Likes primula liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I Have 4 cats, Lost my dog Parker a few weeks ago so they are all acting a bit strange still at the moment. They seem to know he is not about particularly the little one.

Toffee - is a fluffy tortoiseshell who moved in with us a few years ago fom a neighbours - she didn't like the sisters dogs that also lived in the house when they moved they asked if we would like her as they couldn't take her with them to London. She is very bossy and comes running to the gate when we get home. She loves a fuss from the little ones but if they get too much she disappears upstairs. (she came with her name) She is my DD1s cat and follows her about

Susie - is a black & white "tuxedo" cat. She came from the Cat Action Trust who picked her and her kittens up as feral living behind a big hotel in Llanelli. When they got her of the cage they found she wasn't feral. We were looking for a friend for Toffee and they offered her. She is quite shy and will hide from the children. She has a "hook" on the end of her tail. She is nearly symetrical in markings. (she came with her name and I thought about changing it but it does suit her). (she's mine) When we went to meet her they told her she had been a very good Mum to her 6 kittens and they had all got homes except one ......Hmmmm!

Cleo - Or Cleocatra is also a black and white tuxedo cat and is Susie's kitten (5 years old now) she is mad. She thinks she's a dog and will run to the door for the postman or a knock. She is the boldest of the cats as she has been bought up around little ones from the start. She is also known as skitty kitty. She suits DD2 who she has attached herself to.

Charlie - is also a black and white tuxedo cat. We have no idea how old he is as he appeared about 2 1/2 years ago as a feral cat. We couldn't get near him. He then became injured and we had to get the RSPCA to drop a cat trap off so we could get him to the vets - snarling and spitting. 18 months of feeding and 2 more trips to the vets and we managed to get him indoors just before the snow. He only has 1 tooth, his feet look like they are on the wrong legs and he is now a fuss junky! Even from the little ones. He is called charlie after charlie chaplin the tramp! He has attached himself to DH.

Parker was also B&W tuxedo so we seem to attract monochrome animals

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a cocker spaniel called Marmalade, she's nuts. :-) I had wanted a black spaniel called Paddington since I was a kid but we fell in love with a ginger girl spaniel and the name didn't fit, the breeder said to us 'it doesn't matter if you call her Paddington but don't feed her marmalade sandwiches!' So that's where it came from, it suits her colour too :-) lo's call her Marmade :-)
    We used to have a fluffy black and white cat called James (there was a cartoon called James the Cat when my 17yr old dd was young 'My Name's James, James the Cat.....')

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I have inherited pets from my ds at various times, we currently have 2 female pugs Maisie and Aggie nearly 6 years old, 1 ginger tom who is 15 years old, 1 Persian boy who is 8 years old and 1 exotic female called Cleo aged about 6 years old, the only one that was mine is the ginger cat. He brought 2 elderly cats to me last night to look after, 2 black and white females about 6 years old, doesn't know their names, typical, they have been living rough outside for the last 2.5 months, occasionally being fed when someone remembered, their owner has been in hospital and has now had to go into a hospice and won't be coming out. The cats are covered in fleas first thing I did was treat them both but there are so many on them that the treatment isn't working completely, one of them was very aggressive last night to everyone and the other animals, the other was very hungry and vocal. By 9.30pm they had ventured into the living room for a luck round but did a quick retreat back to the kitchen when they spied the dogs.
    My other cats are scared stiff of them and the old man has disappeared upstairs.
    I am desperately trying to find a new home for them as I just cannot manage them two as well as everything else, but everywhere I have tried have said that there is a waiting list, can see it is going to cost me a fortune for these two cats if they stay here more than a couple of days.#
    At least they are both eating to-day and using the cat tray.
    Will I ever learn not to take waifs and strays in
    Teacake2

Pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Pre Reg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wegot cat called Jaffa and A right loveble pain he is two
    Attached Images Attached Images

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have 2 rats called Salt and Pepper.
    1 Rabbit called Smokey
    1 hamster called Theodore
    2 Guinea pigs called Skunk and Goldie.
    About 12 tropical fish
    and finally 7 fish in the outside pond.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We've got a collie cross called Lucy and she's a big softy.

She lets the LO's climb all over her and they all love her "oosy!"...in exchange she steals their food when I'm not watching!

She's always 'cleaning' them too when she thinks I'm not paying attention so we go through lots of wet wipes here and when they're asleep on my sofa she lies across the floor in front of them and no-one may pass until they wake or you get shoved away gently by her!

She's in my bad books today though-out for a walk and she ate a big load of poo she found in the bushes the thought has made me feel ill all evening.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

An old Cockatiel who loves to sing along to the Balamory theme tune! Bless him, the children love him and always save him some of their pieces of fruit so that he too can enjoy a healthy snack xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

2 1 year old kittens named sushi and mango
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a 3 year old cat called Frankie. He loves the little ones. He's so gentle and they all love stroking him. X

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two Golden Retrievers, Summer and Solly and now only one cat Inka. I'm used to having lots of pets so the house seems a bit quiet nowadays. I' trying to be sensible and leave it at that but ......

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. The dogs are both irish setters so both a bit mad and stupid, they are called Fergus and Baxter. The cats are archie a big ginger maine coon cross who is a big softie and pip who is only 5 months old and very cute, she is a tabby.

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have two cats Poppy age 17 who is a real diva and Mattie age 15 who had a head injury and walks with his head on the side doesn't bother him at all. Last but certainly not least Barney a cross border collie and labrador age 11. All getting on a bit but still very active.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast