No babies at home
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No babies at home

Morning!

My oldest started uni today, my youngest has started full time school, 3 inbetween all at school.. And I'm totally lost. I don't lo start till the 7th October, what am I going to do in the mean time, never experienced this before lol :-/

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly how you feel. My youngest started at Liverpool Uni today nearly 300 miles away We took him up on Sat and today I am on my own at home with one mindee who is fast asleep. I have blitzed sons bed room washed duvet covers etc and now I am lost having had him at home for nearly 4 months, the house feels empty. He was such good company and always so good with all the mindees over the years and they always loved him to bits. End of an era now. Dear me I have tears rolling down my cheeks as I type!

I am so proud of him though, he has done so well all through school and now he needs to make his own way in life. I wonder how many tee shirts he will shrink in the tumble driers and how many white trainer socks will be multi coloured by half term when we see him? His last question as we were leaving was 'Where did you put the Colour Catcher Mum!'

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it's not just me then lol x

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

oh bless!!! I have 4 all at school now and last week had my first childfree afternoon!!!Was very very lost after the first 30 minutes!!! Since then I have been reliably informed that all childfree moms go to costa coffee!!!
    Sounds good to me

6. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My youngest started school this term too (children aged 9,8,6 and 4) and I still have to go up to school to get pre schoolers mindees at lunch time and its not the same coming away without her. Wonder how long it will take to get used to it x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAZBAZ55 View Post
    oh bless!!! I have 4 all at school now and last week had my first childfree afternoon!!!Was very very lost after the first 30 minutes!!! Since then I have been reliably informed that all childfree moms go to costa coffee!!!
    Sounds good to me
    This made me laugh so much.. I was so lost I ended up at costa coffee!!! Hahahaha x

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Went over to my son and his girlfriend's flat this weekend for a meal.

Seeing him in his own home, cooking and entertaining guests "me", it suddenly occurred to me my baby has become a man, brought a tear to my eye both through being very proud of him but also a little sadness on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy De View Post
    Went over to my son and his girlfriend's flat this weekend for a meal.

Seeing him in his own home, cooking and entertaining guests "me", it suddenly occurred to me my baby has become a man, brought a tear to my eye both through being very proud of him but also a little sadness on my part.
    Time goes so quickly.. Makes you want to just stop the clock and appreciate every second :-( .. I was choked today when she headed off to uni.. This was one first day I didn't need to take her to as she was going with friends. I will always be mum and she knows where I am.

11. Likes Daisy De liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The last of our 3 sons flew the nest a couple of months ago and it still feels strange, esp going into their bedrooms. Despite having them' coming and going' during their uni years this now feels scary and so final, it doesn't help that they are all living 'away' so only get to see them every now and then..........roll on christmasxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scrubbit View Post
    The last of our 3 sons flew the nest a couple of months ago and it still feels strange, esp going into their bedrooms. Despite having them' coming and going' during their uni years this now feels scary and so final, it doesn't help that they are all living 'away' so only get to see them every now and then..........roll on christmasxx
    My mum is the same with us, she lives on the south coast and we are near London. So with busy lives on both parts don't get to see her much :-( x