Where do you all do your food shopping
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually shop at sainsburies. They all tend to price match on the branded stuff no anyway. I find I save with them for two reasons

We collect the points. Last year we ended up for a few hundred pounds in points and got all our Christmas food shopping with it.

We are utility warehouse customers and when your with them you get 3-5 percent back off your shopping back off your utility bills so every time we shop it brings downs our electricity and gas bills.

Double bonus.

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I shop at sainsbury and tesco my food shop is about £120 week for 5 of us and 1 mindee as don't feed baby parents do

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supermumy View Post
    I shop at sainsbury and tesco my food shop is about £120 week for 5 of us and 1 mindee as don't feed baby parents do
    these all seem so high to me. i dont know my actual spend exactly. theres only three us us and two mindees but i recon i spend £100-150 a month then probably only about 30-40 a week in between. this includes everything. i dont meal plan but probably should as recon it could bring out shopping lower and we always cook far too much food. now ive started cooking more on purpose and i freeze some of it for meals for mindees when what we eat isnt suitable. my daughter is in nappies too although i do use reusables too so only really use disposables 50% of the time.

do adding two extra kids really make that much difference to your food costs? i best not have anymore if it does lol

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post

these all seem so high to me. i dont know my actual spend exactly. theres only three us us and two mindees but i recon i spend £100-150 a month then probably only about 30-40 a week in between. this includes everything. i dont meal plan but probably should as recon it could bring out shopping lower and we always cook far too much food. now ive started cooking more on purpose and i freeze some of it for meals for mindees when what we eat isnt suitable. my daughter is in nappies too although i do use reusables too so only really use disposables 50% of the time.

do adding two extra kids really make that much difference to your food costs? i best not have anymore if it does lol
    Suppose it depends what you eat and cook
    My kids are 15/ 10 so eat like adults and than 5/3
    They love fruit and veg which is what cost me more than anything plus mindee eats like a horse too

Mine shop includes everything milk, washing powder toiletries toilet roll etc

And i say it isn't when they young you see how much everything extra cost it when they get older hahahaha

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I shopped online at tesco every week until recently but have just switched to doing a monthly frozen food shop at Iceland and then I walk to Lidl and do my weekly shop there. I look like a proper old granny with my shopping trolley but I don't care!!!

I now spend £60 in Iceland and then £30-40 in Lidl. That feeds three adults and 6 mindees. Also includes all cleaning and laundry products as well. Was spending about £60 a week in tesco plus a big shop of £200 on payday! I'm using the money saved to go on a nice holiday next year!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Post Thanks / Like

I used to shop in saindburys but have switched to Asda and Aldi no as much cheaper I spend around £100 a week

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Aldi for some things ( not meat) and waitrose. Aldi is fine but not for gluten free stuff.

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have just returned from the dreaded weekly shop at tescos and I've spent £168, but I did buy 3 Christmas presents for my dd which came to £20 and I'm really fussy with my meat, I bought a leg of lamb for sun roast and that was £10, there's 5 of us 3 kids me and hubby, don't feed mindees, they bring there own.
    If I'm honest I prefer waitrose but I end up spending more as they just sell the most gorgeous food. X

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

our nearest town is 24miles away so i shop online at Tesco, find i spend far less than when i actually go into the store and face so much temptation.

Guy has fruit n veg stall in village 3 days a week which i use alot.

I live alone, am vegetarian, on slimming world, have given up wine and dont provide food for mindees, so luckily shopping bill isnt too bad.

Would love to know how you feed a family on £20 though, or did i misunderstand that post?

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I do a weekly menu and since I've been doing this we seem to have saved loads. I use the same menu for mindees and family then shop in Aldis and Morrisons. I've cut our shopping from over £100 a week to about £60 which is fab

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    Catlyn, could you send us a link to the thread please, as I cant find it on MSE
    Its always in the expired "gone but not forgotton" section and you have to wade through pages of drivel to get to the deals....check out the first post on first page to see whats current xx

Extremely Lovely Individuals Talking Excessively - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12