THE STARS .... IN COURT
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default THE STARS .... IN COURT

Are you all shocked by the amount of stars in court and the allegations being made about them ?

Ken Barlow ...Bill Roache .....he's in court this month

Dlt the radio one dj

Rolf Harris which seems to have shocked the most

Kevin Webster .. I saw some of this on the news last night and it sounds sickening ...would someone actually make this up ......if its true then that poor girl

Chris Fountain ...now what was that all about ...he made that horrible video singing about rape ...got the sack from coronation street

A whole list of other names

What is going on ...it's horrible and they all can't be fabricated can they ?

Angel xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My grave concern is how many we don't hear of, because they're not famous or important in any way!!

I think people feel more able to speak up about abuse these days, whereas prior to the 80's it was rather a taboo subject (IMO as I was born in 1977!)

I'm not making any assumptions on these people or the allegations, time will tell.

Educating our children on keeping safe and speaking out, is the only way we can attempt to stamp out abuse!

Abusers are sly, secretive, manipulative and are compulsive and professional liars! They can and will fool anyone, no child is completely safe.

Daybreak hit on it this morning with their "stranger danger" report! It was chilling and a stark reminder of how trusting young children are and how easily they can be manipulated in to doing something they've been told never to do!

Haven't got a link but I'm sure it could be googled.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

It is shocking and in particular that Michael le vell case, it all sounds abit weird to me doesn't sit right, I've been following it, not that I'm saying its made up and time will tell and let's remember there all innocent until proven otherwise. X

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I may (probably will) be shouted down on this one but it seems that since the Jimmy Saville allegations were made last year and then countless woman came forward to add their names to the list that lots of other famous tv and radio personalities, actors and presenters many in their 70's & 80's now seem to have had allegations made against them. I wonder can they all be true and if so I understand some people not wanting to disclose what happened to them but find it strange that this many women all aparently in their 30's, 40's & 50's now have kept it quiet for so long. I know there is no smoke without fire but fear that some women are jumping on the bandwagon and hoping for compensation. Back in the 70's and 80's I remember that people like DJ's were idolised - I can't believe that all these cases are rape, I believe that some (not all) girls threw themselves at them.

Pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Pre Reg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I may (probably will) be shouted down on this one but it seems that since the Jimmy Saville allegations were made last year and then countless woman came forward to add their names to the list that lots of other famous tv and radio personalities, actors and presenters many in their 70's & 80's now seem to have had allegations made against them. I wonder can they all be true and if so I understand some people not wanting to disclose what happened to them but find it strange that this many women all aparently in their 30's, 40's & 50's now have kept it quiet for so long. I know there is no smoke without fire but fear that some women are jumping on the bandwagon and hoping for compensation. Back in the 70's and 80's I remember that people like DJ's were idolised - I can't believe that all these cases are rape, I believe that some (not all) girls threw themselves at them.
    I agee I think that in Some cases They see something and think I jump on the band wagon ( there are a lot of genuine cases) But for some people it A movement in the limelight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I would not shout you down ...all views are good

You could be right ...there again maybe the girls didn't come forward because they thought people back then would think the same ? We will never know I suppose

But Rolf Harris had images on his computer from last year omg

What's his name from the street well that girl is 17 now

So both past and up to date issues

I think it's horrible if people are doing it for fame and lying but even worse if it's true and they were abused etc

Angel xxx

8. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

When it comes to celebrities I think they are so high profile that the police would be very reluctant to so publicly name them if they weren't reasonably sure there was some truth to the accusations. I believe in innocent until proven guilty but there must be some truth in some of them! After all we have had celebrities named and then cleared haven't we!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes