Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Payment Protection Insurance!

Sorry! The dreaded PPI

But has anyone followed up a claim and if so, how did you get on?

I've just started by writing to my old building society where I obtained my first mortgage to get info on the PPI I took out with that mortgage. I remember being told I had to have it as a condition of my mortgage offer. I paid around £25 per month from 1999-2006 before we took out a new mortgage with another provider and were advised to cancel it by a family friend.

I've been meaning to look into it, but it's one of those jobs that you never get round to doing. Want a holiday next year so thought I'd try my luck!

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emma04 View Post
    Sorry! The dreaded PPI

But has anyone followed up a claim and if so, how did you get on?

I've just started by writing to my old building society where I obtained my first mortgage to get info on the PPI I took out with that mortgage. I remember being told I had to have it as a condition of my mortgage offer. I paid around £25 per month from 1999-2006 before we took out a new mortgage with another provider and were advised to cancel it by a family friend.

I've been meaning to look into it, but it's one of those jobs that you never get round to doing. Want a holiday next year so thought I'd try my luck!
    Hi, I haven't but lots of my friends have, some have gone through those company's but one of my friends just rang up the company's she had loans with, didn't think she even had ppi but they just send you out a form to fill in which she did sent it back and 4 weeks later had a cheque for £11000, and then egg who are no longer sent her a letter and she got £4000 from them, 2 other friends got £9000, and £4000, but id try and do it yourself as these company's who will do it for you take 25% plus vat on what you get and apparently it's very easy to do yourself.
    You have nothing to lose ringing them up, worth a try I'd say, hth. X

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I did this with my credit card. I went to the credit cards website and downloaded a form which I sent back directly to them rather than using a outside company. I got back just over £3000 so is well worth doing, you have nothing to lose.

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Need a new heating system now! So bang goes the holiday and here's hoping I get a bit of a payout!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We've ignored all the phone calls and letters for years but recently DH thought he'd give it a try. He just got £1,000 back

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    We've ignored all the phone calls and letters for years but recently DH thought he'd give it a try. He just got £1,000 back
    That's exactly what I've done! Moaned constantly about nuisance texts, but then thought about it and reckoned I have more chance of getting a few quid this way than winning the lottery!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad got £7300 from MBNA credit card my OH got £1600 from HSBC student loan

Don't go to an outside company, they all have special PPI lines setup now they just send a form to you and hey presto.

Good luck xx