To "x" or not to "x" after a text?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To "x" or not to "x" after a text?

Whenever I text someone, I usually put a "x" at the end. Not always, but quite a lot of the time, I even do it with parents. I do have a "professional business side" so for example, I was chatting with a parent who has to terminate a contract, we had a good natter about everything, very informal, but advised her that I would have to send a formal letter. Just a basic straight to the point professionally worded letter.

Also a new parent I messaged, didn't think about it and it was only when she replied with a "X" as well, I realised I had put it in my message to her LOL!

I suppose although I am a business and do have a professional set up and a formality I also like to have the sort of family friend side to me as well.

What are you like with your parents? Are you strictly business, or a big softy? Do you feel you have a happy medium or have you been burned in the past?

Also do you do kisses in your texts LOL?

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually do The way I see it is I get along with all my parents and they see me as extended family. The majority of my mindees have been here for over 5yrs so Ive become very close to parents.
    The new ones get an x too but I don't send an x to the Dads as that could start something off I dont want....
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I put kisses on my texts to parents I know, not prospective ones in case in scares them off and not to any of the dads either lol

4. Likes Beaka liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I depends who it is & what the text is about - the same as with anyone really.

If it's a text to say the child wan't be coming because they're ill, I'll put x at the end when I say 'thanks for letting me know, hope they feel better soon.' If they're texting to say they're going to be late picking up I don't tend to put an x when I reply with a very short, 'ok, thanks for letting me know'!

I tend not to put an x when I'm texting any of the dads.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I put them on most of my texts without thinking. I have to remember not to put them on to the dads.
    X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I make a point of not doing it for business, but do it for everyone else excessively lol

Sep 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Hubby deals with a lot of investments for people and never clocks off work. Drives me crazy. He's asked me to type and send texts to clients from his phone if we've been out in the car together and he's driving. Without thinking I put an x on the end. Hahaha. He's never asked again. He never said if the client mentioned it tho.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a kisses type person so don't do it for anyone. I did text one parent asking for sanitary towels only realised i had texted her instead of OH when she turned up with them. She bought two kinds as she didnt know what I would like and wouldn't let me pay. I always check before pressing send now.

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't tend to put xxx's in texts at all. only if i genuinely want to send my love!
    Definatley would not put xxx's in texts to mindees parents.

11. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Alwayd put 'x' on the end of texts to parents once I get to know them, as I end up getting so close to them I now class them as my friends. Tend to spend most of my personal life texting then now too! Are you enjoying your holiday, happy anniversary, we have missed so and so this week, hope you are feeling better soon etc. They also text me alot, sending photos of mindees and what they are up to etc. I find it hard to separate work and friendship when you see the same people everyday for years and see their little ones grow from babies into children, it would almost seem rude not to treat them as extended family. That being said, I do have the most amazing parents in my setting and am very lucky I think!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little chickee View Post
    I don't tend to put xxx's in texts at all. only if i genuinely want to send my love!
    Definatley would not put xxx's in texts to mindees parents.
    This is same with me

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't with mindees parents but I do with everyone else!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I only put an 'x' if the parents do it first

Post Thanks / Like

I had to text one of my mindees dads about drop off time today. As always the text was hurried and I was just at the end when one of the kids needed me so I ended off the text quickly and pressed send. It was only about 10 mins later that an realised I had put xxx's on the end of the text wi that sinking feeling ' I didn't just do that did I??' *cringe*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    I'm not a kisses type person so don't do it for anyone. I did text one parent asking for sanitary towels only realised i had texted her instead of OH when she turned up with them. She bought two kinds as she didnt know what I would like and wouldn't let me pay. I always check before pressing send now.
    LOL

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...now if I don't put x at the end, it means something is wrong or I'm cross lol!!

I always put x at the ends of my texts...friends, family, parents, and dads too cos I tend to just type and send without thinking too much...
    I've always been the same...won't change me now!!

Thanks for asking the question tho Emma xx xx

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

19. Likes EmmaReed84 liked this post
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm business like and friendly at the same time. I always 'x' at the end of all my texts, but the closer you are to me the more you get!!!! 'Xxx' or something to that effect!! Lol

I never 'x' the dads of mindees though! (Unless I do it out if pure habit and forget!!) have never had one sent to me at the end of their message either or had one back!! He he!

21. Likes EmmaReed84 liked this post
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the new parent I messaged earlier with a "X" at the end, came and signed contracts this evening, so at least it is not scaring the parents off!

We also had a bit of a giggle about it! Then she also said how professional I was LOL!

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    Hehe that's so funny! Bless the lovely mum happily buying them too! Xx

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do always put a x on my message to everyone inc mindees mums - not the dads tho!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast