What sort of holiday packer are you?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What sort of holiday packer are you?

The bare minimum or loads of stuff...just in case?

DH is very much a bare minimum packer, but never seems to be without anything he needs.

I'm a definite over packer, putting all sort of things in just in case we need them. Most of the time we don't...but you never know!

2. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Non childminder member
    EY Practitioner
    Post Thanks / Like

An overpacker, but you never know if you will need those 10 pairs of shoes!

Registered Childminder since
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Used to be an over packer but I good now. If I'm going for a fortnight I pack for a week and then reuse for the second week. If I run short then my DP has to take me !

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm packing tonight as we go to Wales for a week tomorrow. I have got my clothes and my 5 year olds clothes in one case and my 13 year old has packed two cases!! I think I might need to double check what she's packed once she's gone to bed.
    X

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

An overpacker especially if we are going abroad - you just never know what you are going to need and don't want to have to go out and buy something that you already have at home - it's not so bad in this country as you generally aren't too far from an Asda or Tescos if you want another couple of cheap T shirts.

One day I would like to do a cruise just purely so I can take some of my nice clothes and jewellery (have had 2 daughters and lots of nieces/nephews get married over last couple of years) and rarely need to take these kind of clothes on holiday.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually an overpacker as usually mainly go in uk but went to disneyland Paris last week and Ryanair charge £70 per case so we fitted everything in 2 cases for 4 of us xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love nothing more than the challenge of packing as light as possible. The best way is to pack for just over 1 week if going for 2 and reuse wherever possible.

We went to america earlier this year and we had a allowance of 60kg between 3 of us. Going out there our total combined weight came in at 25kg, however we did know that we would be purchasing alot over there so needed the room to come home

I get my weight down by also purchasing my toiletries and any baby stuff in Boots when i get through customs, as you seem to be able to carry onto a plane without any hassle of weight once through customs.

I am also a 'dont worry we will just buy it there' sort of person, and i have no worries about reselling the stuff such as irons and kettles to other holiday guests as we are leaving so need to bring home .

9. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty good at packing now. Normally we go to somewhere hot so need very little. If I forget something I buy it there! this doesn't happen too often as I have lists and lists for weeks before and cross everything off as I pack
    Debbie

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Overpacker
    Especially with shoes, which are the worst as they're heavy!
    I don't know what it is, I say to myself right only take 3 pairs for the week and more and more creep in, i'll be thinking well we might go somewhere posh and i might need these, or these. Then if i have THAT outfit on i'll need those.. these ones are comfy and look nice. But i need flipflops for the beach.. and some for round the pool. I'm terrible.
    And I only end up wearing 3 pairs anyway
    Kelly xx

Post Thanks / Like

Defo an overpacker!!! I never learn

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Take as little as possible. We always stay in a villa with washing machine, but the main reason, shop, shop, shop!! We visit Florida most years and full the suit cases with bargains. Roll on October!