I feel really mean.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I feel really mean.

I have had a bad weekend my ds who is 9 has been in the worst mood ever, yesterday he told me he hates his life (which upset me), he's been on at his sisters all weekend, anyway he was supposed to be going to the cinema to watch man of steel in 3d with his dad but after hitting his sister and repeatedly telling him he was on his last warning I told him he's not going, I'm taking the girls to watch despicable me 2 instead, there very excited as Ava has never been to the cinema.
    Well my ds is beside himself he's been crying uncontrollably for the past hr, he's made me a card to say sorry and I feel really mean not letting him go to the cinema, I know he has to learn but I'm such a softie, but I have to be strong, lol. X

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Stay strong if you give in now he will not take any threats of withdrawing treats etc seriously.

Its hard and they do make you feel guilty but he is 9 and he does understand consequences.

Always next weekend if he deserves it

Big hugs though I hate it when I have to carry through on a punishment but it does get me better behaviour till the next time they lapse
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling - my eldest daughter is just about to turn 11 and is very moody just now and can be so hurtful! It is so hard sticking to your guns - I really struggle when she gets so upset!

She is off to see despicable me 2 for her birthday with some friends and has been rubbish as I have sickness bug so my mum is having to take them! Xx

sept 20
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for not giving in! My 11 year old are being very 'challenging' at the moment - it's hard work. I know it will get even worse when they start high school in September.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Go you for sticking to your guns

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

stick to your guns honey. i'm having a terrible time with my dd at the moment too. she is currently up in her room as when told off she sits there muttering horrible things like "you hate me, why don't you sell me?" she's been grounded all this week and only just got her tablet back but is back on it again knowing we will take all her privileges away.

Its hard - be strong.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Boys and girls both have hormone surges at 9 and this is why you are getting this behaviour. I call it the Kevin stage because of Kevin and Perry. It took my son 8 weeks and my dd 6 to work through it. Be patient and firm.

Boys have another one at 11 and girls at 13 but in my experience it was a lot quicker
    Debbie

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Boys and girls both have hormone surges at 9 and this is why you are getting this behaviour. I call it the Kevin stage because of Kevin and Perry. It took my son 8 weeks and my dd 6 to work through it. Be patient and firm.

Boys have another one at 11 and girls at 13 but in my experience it was a lot quicker

can someone tell my dd that it's only supposed to happen at 9 and 13 please - she's not stopped since she was 7
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post

can someone tell my dd that it's only supposed to happen at 9 and 13 please - she's not stopped since she was 7
    Mine too! She started at 8 and is still going at 16 lol

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You have my sympathy. My DS is also 9. He is a lovely kind thoughtful boy but by god he pushed my buttons on Saturday. He behaved like a spoilt petulant 3yr old just because his 5yr old sister went to a birthday party and he was "stuck at home". I take away his TV time, Xbox, IPod etc if after a warning he carries on. He is always writing me notes or sending me an email telling me how sorry he is when he's been like that and had a priviledge taken away. It's so hard to be strong and stick to your guns when they do that isn't it.

xxxxx