DO YOU ALL HAVE A HOLIDAY IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

We are going to Turkey for 2 weeks in August. All inclusive, never done all inclusive or been to Turkey.

Cannot wait, haven't been away for 4 years and so need some family time xx

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday

I am taking 16 days off in August - this is the only holiday I take throughout the whole year and I must say this year I am really looking forward to it. We only took a holiday as a whole family for the first time last year and it did us the world of good so decided to go for it again as my own children loved it. I work all year, term and holidays so I think we deserve a bit of a break.

Enjoy your holidays.

Jul 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing booked so wish I was going somewhere. Really need a break

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisbet View Post
    Is that Brownsea? We really enjoyed staying there. (Had the all important good weather!)

We only seem to manage a UK mini-break by rail every other year and are going to the Odney Club this year: swimming pool, lots of green space for the 3 children, no cooking or housework.
    Just come back from Brownsea yesterday, just a daytrip - tagged on from a few days break at Portsmouth.

Love Odney Club too.

This year we are going to Austria in August for 2 weeks, the first time without our 2 oldest children, although DD will fly out after going to a festival the weekend before to spend a week with us.

In October we will spend a week in Cyprus, just me, DH and our youngest DS.

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

we are off to centre parcs in belguim, it is a lot cheaper than centre pacrs in the uk, last year is cost £1300 for two weeks for the five of us. this will be the third time we have been

the eurotunnel cost about £110 so a cheap way for five of us to get abroad

next year we are looking at driving down to northern spain
    Sarah

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that Brownsea? We really enjoyed staying there. (Had the all important good weather!)

We only seem to manage a UK mini-break by rail every other year and are going to the Odney Club this year: swimming pool, lots of green space for the 3 children, no cooking or housework.
    Hi Lisbet ,

Yes, it will be Brownsea. Mrs Bunyip is a 'Partner' (making me a Partner's partner. )

We really enjoyed the Ambleside venue last year, having luckily caught that lovely weekend just before the Jubilee rush - one weekend of sun in between several weeks of rain. Lucky us.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Hi Lisbet ,

Yes, it will be Brownsea. Mrs Bunyip is a 'Partner' (making me a Partner's partner. )

We really enjoyed the Ambleside venue last year, having luckily caught that lovely weekend just before the Jubilee rush - one weekend of sun in between several weeks of rain. Lucky us.
    Lol, I am a Partner's partner too. Enjoy the island!

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I am a Partner's partner too. Enjoy the island!
    Me too!!!!

I have been a partner (twice) and met my partner when he was a partner. I then was not a partner but stayed the partner's partner. Two of my children are partners and one has become the partner of another partner. Keeping it in the JL family.

It's great being a partner's partner

9. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy23 View Post
    Me too!!!!

I have been a partner (twice) and met my partner when he was a partner. I then was not a partner but stayed the partner's partner. Two of my children are partners and one has become the partner of another partner. Keeping it in the JL family.

...but now the word 'partner' sounds really weird after reading it so many times!

11. Likes lozzy23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are off to Park resorts in Skegness in August with DD 17 and DS 12, DS 18 is staying at home for the first time with doggy. Going to be both strange and worrying leaving him alone for a whole week.

Then in October me and DH are off to York for 2 nights for our 20th Anniversary, this time leaving all 3 of them on their own! Not sure whether the 2 older ones will cope with DS 12 for three days!!!

Then the following weekend I'm going back to York with a group old school friends, we all re-met at a school reunion last September not seen them in 24 years! But it was amazing we all just clicked again, and have met a couple of times sine!! But 3 nights away with them is going to be fantastic, we have decided to go Self catering and we have hired a fantastic house absolutely amazing and it's only costing us £62 each for the 3 nights!

Does hardly seem worth coming home I between the two weekends though!! Lol York is a fantastic place there's so much to do, and gorgeous pubs and restaurants.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy23 View Post
    Me too!!!!

I have a partner's partner's Partnership Card.

Mrs Bunyip finds this really annoying. I preferred it when I worked on the railways and Mrs B had a free travel pass that was officially described and marked as a "Dependent's Pass".

The idea that should she ever depend upon me......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123