New to all this please help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New to all this please help

Hi I am currently on maternity leave and trying to set up childminding I am level 3 nvq qualified and I'm going on a first aid course 1st and 8th June iv also booked on to a pathways course for July! What will happen then? Do I need to do anything before the course?

I also have another question I wonder if you could help! I'm not very good at getting my head around these things so, I have my own 2 children one will be 2.5 years one will be 10 months when I plan to start! I have someone interested BUT she has 2 children one will be 2.5 one will be 14 months will this be allowed? I see they say they make exceptions for siblings so how does it work?

Also if I were able to have these am I right in thinking I would only be allowed 2 school children?

Thank you in advance
    Rach x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel1990 View Post
    Hi I am currently on maternity leave and trying to set up childminding I am level 3 nvq qualified and I'm going on a first aid course 1st and 8th June iv also booked on to a pathways course for July! What will happen then? Do I need to do anything before the course?

I also have another question I wonder if you could help! I'm not very good at getting my head around these things so, I have my own 2 children one will be 2.5 years one will be 10 months when I plan to start! I have someone interested BUT she has 2 children one will be 2.5 one will be 14 months will this be allowed? I see they say they make exceptions for siblings so how does it work?

Also if I were able to have these am I right in thinking I would only be allowed 2 school children?

Thank you in advance
    Rach x
    Hi,

As you already have 2 children of your own in the early years age group (under 5 years) you will only be able to look after 1 more child in this age group. The exceptions for siblings would only be if you were already minding a child and then the parents of that child had another baby, you could have the second child under continuity of care.

Hope this helps x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lauraring1 View Post

Hi,

As you already have 2 children of your own in the early years age group (under 5 years) you will only be able to look after 1 more child in this age group. The exceptions for siblings would only be if you were already minding a child and then the parents of that child had another baby, you could have the second child under continuity of care.

Hope this helps x
    You should then also be able to mind 3 children. between ages of 5/8 years x

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

as already stated because of your own 2 children you only have 1 under 5 space. So you will not be allowed to take this family on.

I assuming you have been granted full numbers by Ofsted.

So you can mind 4 more children - 1under 5. 3 between the ages of 5-8.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Rachel

We have to be very careful when giving advice about ratios. Have a look on this thread which explains ratios

Changing ratios - variations - a reminder

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone! That's a real shame as my son is good friends with her daughter oh well hopefully ill find someone else! Is it hard/easy to find children to mind? I know all the minders on my village are full! I'm just so worried ill set it all up and not have anyone! And no money :/ ill be starting in jan xxx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whether it's hard or easy to find children depends on where you live, I think. But if all the childminders in your village are full that's a good sign. Good luck!