Registered Childminder since
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best car for childminding?

At the moment I use an 02 plate Vauxhall Zafira and it's ancient and has done almost 200,000 miles. Cost a fortune to put it through the MOT last year and now I want to replace it with a vehicle that has lower emissions, has the full use of all 7 seats and has space for a double buggy in the back.
    Does such a vehicle exist?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

prereg
    Post Thanks / Like

Im interested in this as well. I need a bigger car! :-)

3. Likes sony123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    At the moment I use an 02 plate Vauxhall Zafira and it's ancient and has done almost 200,000 miles. Cost a fortune to put it through the MOT last year and now I want to replace it with a vehicle that has lower emissions, has the full use of all 7 seats and has space for a double buggy in the back.
    Does such a vehicle exist?
    I had a Zafira, then changed it to a Chrysler Grand Voyager... Love it! Not the cheapest but very roomy, can use all seats for car seats, room in the boot for my double and a single buggy together, power sliding doors and boot! Best people carrier I've had but I'm sure there are others that are just as good...

5. Likes sony123 liked this post
    June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have. Peugeot 807 and can have all 7 seats up with a double buggy & 2 scooters :-)

7. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've also got a Chrysler Grand voyager, not had it long. Its great and if you get the stow n go model you can collapse the seats into the floor (individually) so turns into a minivan. 3 seats at the very back and 2 separate seats in middle, you can walk, well climb, from the driver seat to the very back row, if you needed to !!!Loads of room, great to drive, bit pricey on petrol, but drives like a big safe bus.

9. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Zafira and an old mammas and papas double buggy which folds umberella style and fits nicely into the boot as long as well folded down!! I put the chunky chairs for under 3's in the very back, then a row of 3 boosters along middle row which takes a bit of shuffling to get seatbelts all in.
    Its Petrol which works as better for me - dont do very high miles but a lot of playschool and school collecting so a load of short journeys.

Oh and its five years old. More so that i dont have to be too precious about it getting marked, stained etc.

Would love the wee sporty red car that Frankie the district nurse on tv had last night .... though not ideal in this job !

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 58 zafira I have a doubld baby jogger city mine with fits on the back perfect ! Baby seats In the back whic are fixed in and 2 britax moveable seats with the backs on and a booster in the middle. Would love a bigger car like a galaxy of a s max but no funds for that yet x

Post Thanks / Like

I hae a Mazda 5. And it will hold a double buggy. I have a maclaren

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

VW Sharan here...I love it.....nipper out n about fits in the boot ( wheels on) another buggy lies along the middle row on floor ans it has 7 separate seats....2 outside seats in middle have built in 5 point harnesses and all seats remove to make it ideal for transporting bulky items

Mar 98
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Peugeot 807 with 8 seats and can squeeze in all the bags and two buggies in the boot. Love the fact that it had sliding doors so you can open the doors even with hands full! Same car as Fiat Ulysse and Citroen C8.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate my Zafira, got it 2 years ago., Have to undo all car seats to move middle seats forward to pull up the back seat. Have to do this all the time. Its a pain! Can not fit any double buggy I have in the back, looking for something bigger!

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager too.
    It is expensive to run but the space inside is fantastic.
    It has a massive boot even when all the seats are up. The rear sliding doors are great for getting kiddies in car seats when people have parked too close.
    All the seats can be used with car seats/boosters and the older children can walk down the middle of the car to the back seat, instead of having to climb over as in some cars.
    It's easy to drive once you get used to a stick shift and very easy to park.
    HTH
    Toothfairy

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Does any body have a car that has more than 7seats ?! I have a Zafira at the min n with my 3 kids me and 2 mindees there's only one seat left even thou I could mind 3 more kiddies not that I want to just curious lol

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a vw caravelle, it's great!

8 seats and a big boot, and not much wider than a normal car

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

A galaxy is fab you can fit a double out n about nipper in the boot with all the seats up. X

Post Thanks / Like

I have a vw transporter with 9 individual seats and its amazing! I love it and I can fit a triple , double and single buggy all at the same time lol xxx