Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best camera phone?

I'm due a phone upgrade, and would love to hear your opinions!

I won't be going down the I-phone route, but am looking for a phone with the best camera for taking pics of the children to use in learning journeys etc.

I have a galaxy ace at the moment, it's so frustratingly slow! The child has moved, or is moving, resulting in rubbish unless I am taking shots of sleeping babies!! I'm sick of carrying phone & camera all the time. So, any suggestions?

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I phone

Is the best phone I've had great pictures. Oven though you said you would not go down that route

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

i fully understand why you don't want an iphone, i would no longer recommend it. I have had one for over three years now and for the last 6 weeks I have had nothing but trouble with it. They don't want to help either as I have had my current handset for just over a year, so it is out of guarantee.

I'm not sure which handsets have a good camera any more but will be looking around shortly. So this thread will be interesting for me too x

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a galaxy note and i love it. The camera is brilliant, the phone is a bit bigger than most others so the screen is great for the internet.

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you said you don't want an iPhone but they are the best phone on the market, I have an iPhone 5 now as I upgraded and the camera is amazing, my hubby was very impressed. Not only that my whole life is on that phone, e-mails, reminders, my lj app where I take all my pics of mindees and obs, what I'm working and the best thing is Siri, you just press button and say call mum, and it does, remind tomorrow have appointment and it does, nearest Indian restaurant and it lists them instantly, ohhhh how I couldn't live without my iPhone, apple they are the best and everything is on iCloud so if you lose your phone you just get another press iCloud and everything goes straight onto your new device genius. X

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    I know you said you don't want an iPhone but they are the best phone on the market, I have an iPhone 5 now as I upgraded and the camera is amazing, my hubby was very impressed. Not only that my whole life is on that phone, e-mails, reminders, my lj app where I take all my pics of mindees and obs, what I'm working and the best thing is Siri, you just press button and say call mum, and it does, remind tomorrow have appointment and it does, nearest Indian restaurant and it lists them instantly, ohhhh how I couldn't live without my iPhone, apple they are the best and everything is on iCloud so if you lose your phone you just get another press iCloud and everything goes straight onto your new device genius. X
    Hi Nikki,

I thought the same as you but the last software update has rendered about 2% of iphones wifi inneffective. With this in mind they no longer back up to icloud so please beware and also back up on your pc. As you also cant restore from icloud. As my phone was 20 days over 1yr old the only solution they could offer was pay £140 for a new handset. Not that im tight or anything but why would i pay that, bring the new phone home, restore it and have the software from my back up mess up the next one?

I havent said this to be in anyway mean or horrible. Just please also back up to your pc as like you my whole life was on mine and i can no longer access some things as i hadnt backed up to my pc for about a month before i had this issue.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post

Hi Nikki,

I thought the same as you but the last software update has rendered about 2% of iphones wifi inneffective. With this in mind they no longer back up to icloud so please beware and also back up on your pc. As you also cant restore from icloud. As my phone was 20 days over 1yr old the only solution they could offer was pay £140 for a new handset. Not that im tight or anything but why would i pay that, bring the new phone home, restore it and have the software from my back up mess up the next one?

I havent said this to be in anyway mean or horrible. Just please also back up to your pc as like you my whole life was on mine and i can no longer access some things as i hadnt backed up to my pc for about a month before i had this issue.
    My husbands iphone died after doing a software update. Luckily it was the last day of his warranty so didnt have to pay. Unluckily he lost everything on his phone. He said he will never get another iphone

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am very happy with my Xperia It has a straight-to-camera-button and the photos are excellent although it can be a little blurry with very fast moving children. I have taken perfectly nice photos of children climbing, running etc. though.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my iphone and have not had any problems.......... yet

All my photo's instantly go to my computer (when I am in reach of wi fi) so I don't lose anything and I delete them off my phone straight away (data protection da di da - your know what I mean) and when I plug it in to my computer for a charge it automatically backs up everything.

Can't recommend it enough. If you are happy with your tarriff could I suggest you get the best phone you can, sell it and buy yourself an iphone
    Debbie

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nikki,

I do back it up to the pc, I've had iPhones for years from when they first came out, I think you've just been unlucky as I've never had problems with any of my iPhones.
    It is a right pain when it happens and I can understand why you wouldn't use one now after all the trouble you have had. X

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm sorry that many of you have had snags from your I-phones, kinda supports my not wanting one! Any more suggestions? Any one got a newer Samsung?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post
    Wow, I'm sorry that many of you have had snags from your I-phones, kinda supports my not wanting one! Any more suggestions? Any one got a newer Samsung?
    I have the Samsung galaxy 3 and I love it. They are not called the I phone killers for nothing. The camera is ace. Friend has the note she loves that too.

Would love the s4 but not due an upgrade till next year
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    I do back it up to the pc, I've had iPhones for years from when they first came out, I think you've just been unlucky as I've never had problems with any of my iPhones.
    It is a right pain when it happens and I can understand why you wouldn't use one now after all the trouble you have had. X
    In fairness I know of another 3 people all having the same issues and if you go on the apple support site there are pages of people suffering the same issues x

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had my iPhone for coming up 2yrs never a prob till last few months keeps deleting contacts freezing and my screen went black and needed replacing!
    Can't complain for nearly 2years

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an I phone 4s and I have loved it this past year but I now have to charge it twice a day. It is only 18 months old so once I am back working again I shall be getting samsung 4s or note 2 can't decide. Have been playing on them at tescos they both very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nikki,

I have the same problem with mine not backing up to iCloud... Are apple saying they'll replace phone because of this if its still in warrantee?

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

My son has a Galaxy S2, the camera seems great and phone is brilliant and easy to use

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an HTC one and its brilliant. It takes good photos and backs up to Dropbox on my computer.
    Love Amanda

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I have the Samsung galaxy 3 and I love it. They are not called the I phone killers for nothing. The camera is ace. Friend has the note she loves that too.

Would love the s4 but not due an upgrade till next year
    Hi Fussy - do you use it to take pictures of your mindees? Does it work well? I'm so not into using photo's where the face is in focus but their hands are a blurry set of lines!! The 2+ children will "freeze" if I ask them, but the youngsters have no concept of this!!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MessybutHappy View Post

Hi Fussy - do you use it to take pictures of your mindees? Does it work well? I'm so not into using photo's where the face is in focus but their hands are a blurry set of lines!! The 2+ children will "freeze" if I ask them, but the youngsters have no concept of this!!
    I do they dont really take notice of me using my phone but do if I get the camera out. You can apparently download to dropbox and to samsung something too - im so techinal its scary.

Can also view all attachments on here too.

I do believe it does so much more that what I use it for.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast