a little bit sad
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a little bit sad

My mum died back in 1970 in Italy and buried there fast forward to jAN 2012 dad was told he had cancer and lived just 11 weeks died april 2012 we dicided as a family to take dads ashes back and put them with mums grave ....found out a couple of weeks ago that the authorities there have moved mum to a comunial grave this came as a total shock we were also told that we cant put dads ashes in a comunial grave Im at a total loss as to where we put dad now there is a little village where we spent our summers when we lived out there maybe take him there as he did love the place feeling very emotional now we go in a couple of weeks ...no point to this post just needed to get it of my chest sorry

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh sweetie,

no advice, just a big hug. what a shock. the little village your dad loved sounds a nice place.

take care

xxx

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw how sad that they did ths without a) telling you first and b ) getting your permission. Sorry for your loss too x
    I think where you suggested sounds lovely. Did your mum have a favourite flower/tree? Maybe you could plant something in her memory and scatter your dads ashes there? Would probably need permission to plant ? Or would this be allowed near to where your mum is maybe? Good luck in your decision. A very emotional one I can relate too. Big hugs x

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that, hope you find a nice place for him xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, that is sad. Sending you lots of love. Take comfort from your loved ones. x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's really sad I like the idea of planting a fave flower of your mums with your dad. Hope you find a nice site for him.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Was there anywhere dad loved to be? Sitting watching the sea or in a boat perhaps? He might quite like being scattered somewhere meaningful.

Hugs xx

sept 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for your thoughts my mums favourite flower was red roses so maybe we could plant a small rose bush some where in the hills or maybe scatter his ashes in the sea we had the best of both where we lived in the summer it was 1 of dads favourite places bless him he never got over her dying so suddenly she had a heart attack she was 36 years old dad never remarried

sept 93
    Post Thanks / Like

just got back from Italy we finally found a lovely spot for dad in the hills over looking florence not to far from the cemetery where mum was.... i say was because when we went to visit the lady in reception was very un helpful and refused to tell us where the communal grave was her reason for not telling us was for their privacy 5 of us looked all over and could not find any signs of a communal grave we came away very upset and fustrated ....happy we found a lovely spot for dad but totally devastated about mum really down no get up and go not sure where we go from here as to find out where she is .......

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my goodness Lizann, that's just such a dreadful way to be treated .

Can you go back to the original source that told you about the communal grave? Maybe they can shed some light on the new location, or how to go about applying for the information from somewhere. I so feel for you, it must all be such a shock still.

Glad you found somewhere for your Dad xxx

sept 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Goatgirl still waiting for some more information was hoping to hear today but nothing yet