Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling a bit sad...

My brother has been admitted to a psychiatric hospital and I'm feeling so helpless and choked up. I'm putting on a brave face for my DD and mindees/parents but deep down want to have a good old blub! I think part of me is angry as his depression was brought on by intimidation and bullying at his workplace. He's such a strong character who has stood up for himself and his rights for over a year but is now a broken man. The fact he turned a corner a few weeks ago and was beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel makes his hospital admission so hard to take. We've no idea how long he will be in there, they've taken his mobile phone off him and are monitoring incoming texts before showing him. They've advised us not to visit for a few days. I just wanna give him a hug.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh hunny I am so sorry. I am sure he is in the best place and getting the help he needs xx

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this, he will get through this with the support he is getting, we are all here for you for support, stay stong
    Cath

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

sending big hugs, what a horrible situation but he is in the best place for him at the moment. This happened to one of my best friends and i have to say although it was hard for everyone at the time she came out a stronger person and with medication she is back to her normal self

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw big hugs to you xx are you allowed to text him to say your sending him a big hug and are there for him? He will be receiving professional support so please don't forget to look after you too x

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be really hard for you

He's in the best pace and I'm sure he'll get the help he needs.

Hugs xx

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh Im new to the group as pre reg but felt I had to comment as I have got personal experience my 16 year old step brother was taken to a similar hospital in October last year following an attempt to take his own life! I sympathise with you no end it's so heartbreaking and although the authorities are doing it with the best intention for their own safety it is so hard for family and some hospitals can be less than cooperative with families. All I can say is hang on in there and keep your chin up he's in the best place to get help. My brother is still there a long time I know! but has been moved to a different part to help in rehabilitation before he comes home. I know it's hard but these people are trained and far better equipped than us in dealing with mental issues and giving the help they need hope all works out for you and your family x x

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I understand some of what you feel, my ex suffered terribly with depression etc. Sending positive thoughts . He will be getting the gelp he needs to make him well again x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh honey this must be so hard for you. You really do need to look after yourself too. Sending lots of hugs. x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for everyone's comments and support. I agree he is in the best place getting the professional help he needs xx

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Shamai, be strong and keep your chin up, he will need you to be strong for him more than he knows.

Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you've found a few minutes to yourself where you've been able to have a good cry and kick a few pillows. He's in a place that will be able to give him the best care he needs at the moment and your support will be invaluable when he's ready to face this big, bad world again. I hope it's not too long before you are able to give him that hug!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to send hugs, glad he is getting help and I am sure it won't be long before you can see him xx