Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I think this should be shown to all new young drivers as a warning

I think this is so sad. What a waste of a young life. Sadly I see many adults doing this and talking on thier phones it should be a stark lesson to them all.

STOP USING YOUR PHONE WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING simple really.

BBC - Newsbeat - Driver's unfinished crash text released as warning

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad and hopefully a warning to others.

My son, who passed his test first time and like most boys thought he knew everything about driving, saw a car crush where the car rolled. It was shortly after he had passed his test, he was at a petrol station when it happened right outside.

He was quite shook up about it but I feel it showed him how dangerous cars can be and hopefully slowed him down and made him less cocky.

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic, but around the 25th july each year, my 2 sons (14 & 11) and I lay some flowers at the spot where 2 teenagers, both passengers, were killed, thrown from the car, after the driver going round a bend too fast (hed been drinking, & showing off the police say) rolled the car and ended up in the hedge on the wrong side of the road.
    The teenage driver broke his leg, suffered cuts and bruises, another young lady suffered concussion and a few cuts and bruises but other wise fine.
    My DH and I came across them at about 12.30pm on a Saturday evening, we had been to a party at his brothers house, I was 34 weeks pregnant.

I tell the boys the story each year of how we found them, in the hope it will put them off drink driving when they are old enough.
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?

Post Thanks / Like

Only the other day I was going round a very busy roundabout near where I live and the car in front of me kept changing lanes at the last minute, no indication. When I eventually drove passed the car a young female driver was looking at her mobile texting
    Mandy xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can hold my head held high and say I have never used my phone while driving - not to text, talk or even answer a call - I always stop when safe, see who missed call is from and decide whether or not I need to ring back while parked. I have enough trouble changing the station on the radio. It is such a shame that people don't see cars as the killing machines they really are.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mandy moo View Post
    Slightly off topic, but around the 25th july each year, my 2 sons (14 & 11) and I lay some flowers at the spot where 2 teenagers, both passengers, were killed, thrown from the car, after the driver going round a bend too fast (hed been drinking, & showing off the police say) rolled the car and ended up in the hedge on the wrong side of the road.
    The teenage driver broke his leg, suffered cuts and bruises, another young lady suffered concussion and a few cuts and bruises but other wise fine.
    My DH and I came across them at about 12.30pm on a Saturday evening, we had been to a party at his brothers house, I was 34 weeks pregnant.

I tell the boys the story each year of how we found them, in the hope it will put them off drink driving when they are old enough.
    Oh how awful for you and their families, finding somthing like that must really make you think but knowing teenagers and their Cate free attitudes I don't thi.k that a half written txt would bother them, they wouldn't thi.k of it when showing off with their mates or txting them they will just thi.k, oh well it won't happen to me, and carry on

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Was watching that programme 'Barely legal driver' or something similar to that and one young driver was given the chance to take advanced driving lessons. He declined. He was a typical cocky young man, thought he knew everything and in the programe he went through red lights and sped through residential areas.
    Only today I was on the M4 in S.Wales near Port Talbot. Very quiet on the motorway but several cars were in lane 3 when lane 1 and 2 were empty! They carried on like this for miles!
    It should be COMPULSORY to take a pass plus lesson before being given a pass! And in the ideal world all drivers should take the 'Institute of Advanced Driving' test.
    But it's not an ideal world
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I rarely notice drivers on their mobiles, but when I'm a passenger with my husband I am amazed at how many drivers he spots using mobiles, either to text or talk on, and they're not all 'young' either! I hope this is a warning to them.

How very brave of the parents to share their son's last text. So sad