Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clareelizabeth1 View Post
    I just got my keyring and it really is beautiful. So far have't stopped stroking it as it is so smooth.
    I am really pleased that you like it so much.
    I told you it was very tactile didn't I.
    Every year or so just smear a tiny bit of furniture wax on it and it will buff up beautifully again.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillplum View Post
    I just got mine too. It is truly a work of art. Thank you Bob. I think I know what I will be buying people for christmas this year
    Oh thanks jillplum, I'm starting to get quite big headed now.

Get your Christmas orders in early as I only make these in my spare time after work.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Grrrrrr! What is it about being a childminder that means a parent doesn't have to even say thank you.
    I made a set of name tags for our schoolies book bags with nice hardwoods and inlaid names.

and when I gave it to one of the children this evening the mother just took if off them and stuck it in her pocket
    I thought "What! a 'thank you' is a bit much for you is it?
    Wish I'd never bothered now.
    I actually do appreciate that to be honest. Though the parent could have been more diplomatic and said thank you for such a lovely present.

It makes me cringe to see children walking around with their names emblazoned on their book bags and lunch boxes. To me it is such a big Safe Guarding issue. Anyone could approach a child and know their name and if they call them by name they seem more familiar to the child.

When my children were at Primary School their name was on the inside flap of the book bag so they could easily be identified in school and the school actively discouraged names on the outside of lunch boxes and hairbands with names on.

The key rings and cup cakes are fab by the way. I loved the Pencil fence when I saw it on another thread. Would you consider making a set of pencils, even un painted so we could attach them to a fence or even use them inside? If so how much would they be? I see you are in Cambridgeshire so not a million miles from me so I may be able to collect something like that.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 18-06-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I think i'm in love ( apologises to your wife ) Your work is just awesome!! i'm just pleased when my partner mows the lawn

5. Likes Bob liked this post
    Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear23 View Post
    Bob, I think i'm in love ( apologises to your wife ) Your work is just awesome!! i'm just pleased when my partner mows the lawn
    Oh!, Now I'm all red and embarrassed. I'll try and explain the situation to my wife in as diplomatic way as possible. I'm not that sure she'll understand though.
    By the way my wife won't let me mow our lawn, she likes doing it herself.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I actually do appreciate that to be honest. Though the parent could have been more diplomatic and said thank you for such a lovely present.

It makes me cringe to see children walking around with their names emblazoned on their book bags and lunch boxes. To me it is such a big Safe Guarding issue. Anyone could approach a child and know their name and if they call them by name they seem more familiar to the child.

When my children were at Primary School their name was on the inside flap of the book bag so they could easily be identified in school and the school actively discouraged names on the outside of lunch boxes and hairbands with names on.

The key rings and cup cakes are fab by the way. I loved the Pencil fence when I saw it on another thread. Would you consider making a set of pencils, even un painted so we could attach them to a fence or even use them inside? If so how much would they be? I see you are in Cambridgeshire so not a million miles from me so I may be able to collect something like that.
    Hi Rickysmiths,
    Sorry I haven't replied until now but my laptop broke and then when I got it back I couldn't remember all my passwords to get back onto my favorite sites.

About the pencil fence, If I make them the same size as mine which is about 3 feet tall and sand them smooth and paint two coats of undercoat on them I can do them for £2.50 each. That would just leave you to paint the colours you wanted. It would cost a lot to post them but I live in Ramsey in Cambs so if you came to collect them I can throw in a coffee and biscuits as well.
    Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234