double pram advice please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default double pram advice please

I'm a new childminder looking to change from a Phil & Teds to a side by side as need to recline seats when little ones fall asleep & need a buggy board as will have 3 under 2!!! I do some rough track walking so P&T fab but cant do this with buggy board or buggy pod so I can walk other ways & think babies comfort more important. I've been offered a city mini jogger - help & thanks in advance! Jx

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a phil & teds for popping out to shops or smaller places but wanted a double side by side buggy that you could lay back flat for each of the children should they fall asleep on longer days out etc, I brought an out and about 360 double, it's fantastic, fits though most standard doorways, both seats lay flat back independently, has pneumatic tyres (similar to P&T) and is a dream to push, oh and I've also got a lascal maxi buggy board on the back for child no 3! I prefer this to my P&T for sure. I've also had a baby city mini double but didn't like it as much as either of these so got rid of it :0) hope this helps x

3. Likes lynncjt liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got double 360 nipper and LOVE it
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

5. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat a mountain buggy for off road walking. We walk round the nature reserve through bridleways and six inch deep mud etc and its great. Better than the three wheeler I has because the two wheels at the front make it more stable in the worst terrain. Depends on how much off roading you want to.do.

I have a lascal maxi on the back too.
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gt the baby jogger city mini it is great lightweight folds flat and has Ben threw all doors I know fab double pram

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lauraring1 View Post
    I've got a phil & teds for popping out to shops or smaller places but wanted a double side by side buggy that you could lay back flat for each of the children should they fall asleep on longer days out etc, I brought an out and about 360 double, it's fantastic, fits though most standard doorways, both seats lay flat back independently, has pneumatic tyres (similar to P&T) and is a dream to push, oh and I've also got a lascal maxi buggy board on the back for child no 3! I prefer this to my P&T for sure. I've also had a baby city mini double but didn't like it as much as either of these so got rid of it :0) hope this helps x
    Thanks for this - I've just got a out and about 360 and both I and the kids love it! I was going to ask about buggy boards as I think I could take them all on longer walks if I had a buggy board.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a double nipper and just attached a buggy board with the advice from a member on here

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much! Been looking at the nipper as well & think will see what I can find to test it out as I think this could be a good option - wanted something that could easily fold & go in the car to rather than having 2 dbl prams - read that the city mini is good for this. Find my P&T a bit hefty to fold down & put in car every other day or so. My off roading at mo is the walk to school it's a track with lots of pot holes & can be very water logged & to be fair P&T has been fab & I was concerned city mini couldn't handle it but nipper defo would. I'm rambling now as its late.... Thanks again this has been a great help. Just need to sell mine now! Jx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

NIpper, Nipper, Nipper do you think I like my Nipper?

Post Thanks / Like

Ummmm yeap You defo love it! I think I need to look at a nipper before anything else now - loving the passion for a pushchair! It's infectious!!!!! I'm just worried about getting it through my front door & now the garage is a granny annex no garage for storage!!!! I will succeed x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoniC View Post
    Ummmm yeap You defo love it! I think I need to look at a nipper before anything else now - loving the passion for a pushchair! It's infectious!!!!! I'm just worried about getting it through my front door & now the garage is a granny annex no garage for storage!!!! I will succeed x
    If all else fails with getting it through the front door while its up, you can always pop a back wheel off so quickly and easily... Mine goes through my front door ok tho!

Post Thanks / Like

Viewing a nipper tomorrow

dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my city mini. Bought it brand new in the summer and its not been used since October. Los decided they could walk everywhere so I only needed a single. Can't wait to be able to use it again, I loved it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love my city mini GT, bought this one as handle adjusts!! I'm only a shorty!! It doesn't fit through my front door is its a bit heavy and awkward to lift in/out but there again so was the double nipper when I had that. Once the kids are in its a dream to push, easier than my single stroller, great size basket, can get loads on, fan bags on back if seats do can always carry nappies/wipes with me. The hoods are amazing they act as black out blinds!! I've had loads of doubles, my 2nd favourite is the Graco tandem and I have one of these for trips on the train/bus. Only problem with side by side they take up so much space! I also have an o'baby side by side stroller in the car, like this again because its got low handles!! Used it the other day with a poorly 4yr old and a 1yr old and was a breeze to push!! And 4yr old slept like a log. I'm saving up now for a single city mini GT quite fancy the four wheels. But as they are new they are really expensive yet!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for advice on city mini's I had intended to look at this as well as liked it above the nipper but the wheels are so small and sometimes the way I walk floods & you need good boots & pram & there are so many bumps & pot holes I really don't think the city could handle it where as the nipper has same wheels as my P&T, which has found our track a breeze & I needed to be realistic that we will walk this way 80% of the time. Will look at the obaby for the car as I need a dbl for the car to.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Out n about great untill you need to fit it into a 7 seater with all seats up so I sold mine and got the city jogger mini. Fits in with front wheel off and I have the bumprider buggy board to fit on it