Likes Likes:  70
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Brownie Uniforms.......brown dress, brown leather belt, yellow tie and a brown beret.
    In our pockets we had to have things like; a 2P, piece of string, safety pin etc.
    Toothfairy

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
    Brownie Uniforms.......brown dress, brown leather belt, yellow tie and a brown beret.
    In our pockets we had to have things like; a 2P, piece of string, safety pin etc.
    We had a brown wolly hat that was such an odd shape we looked like owls. Was it supposed to do that?

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gettting the bus to school on our own when we were 5. Missing our stop one day and having enough street smarts to get off at the next stop and walk back up the main road to the school.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturday nights........we all used to stay in on a Saturday night and watch TV as a family.
    Myself and my sisters were allowed to stay up later and we would sit on the sofa with Mum & Dad and watch programmes like its a knock out, The Generation Game and Doctor Who, Family Fortunes, Opportunity knocks.
    Toothfairy

5. Likes Rosy Days, hectors house, Ballette liked this post
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as tooth fairy and dad always got chicken and chips from takeaway x
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

7. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy ladies!! This has taken me back.

All of the above, definitely the feeling of freedom and parents not worrying ( was that good or bad?)

Saturday, having to be quiet while my dad did the pools. Tea time as a treat would be fresh bread, thickly sliced with lashings of butter and jam, don't remember having anything else with it.

Feeling reasonably content and happy, I rarely nagged mum and dad for anything as I knew we couldn't afford it, but neither could my friends, so I didn't feel I missed out on anything.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember mom coming in early morning and putting the convector heater on in my bedroom, saturday afternoon wrestling on telly,
    and crusty bread and Haddock for tea if we had been to the market, crumpets if not.

Snow drifts up the back door about 2 foot deep
    Cath

10. Likes FussyElmo, Kidz-Care liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    I remember mom coming in early morning and putting the convector heater on in my bedroom, saturday afternoon wrestling on telly,
    and crusty bread and Haddock for tea if we had been to the market, crumpets if not.

Snow drifts up the back door about 2 foot deep
    Big daddy and giant haystacks
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes cathtee, Kidz-Care liked this post
    Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The excitement when the new 'macdonalds' opened in the nearby town, never been anything quite like it apart from wimpy, and we were allowed very occasionally as a rare treat to drive there and buy big mac and chips for tea and we all bought them home and ate them around them coffee table in the front room in front of the telly.

14. Likes Trouble liked this post
    Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

people being respectful to others

feeling safe

playing in the street or in my case up a tree

blitz choc bars i miss them

1p lollys on the way home from school
    One life live it

16. Likes hectors house liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember all of the above ....and it brings back lots of happy memories, taping the top 40 charts and learning all of the lyrics from the Smash Hits books. I especially remember November time spending hours making Guy Fawkes from our dads old clothes and after collecting pennies from people (and spending it on ten pence mix ups from the shops,) having a bonfire in our backgarden usually setting our old sofa alight with the guy sitting on top whilst eating jacket potatoes mmmmmm then going to bed and waking up in the morning to search through the ashes for money that had been lost down the back of the sofa lol...great times

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am loving this thread! It's taking me back and giving me a lovely fuzzy feeling!

Going to the local sweet shop with 10p and buying a bag of penny sweets.

Texan bars - anyone remember them?

Wandering across fields, playing in the dyke (ewww!!), going 'scrambling' on dirt tracks and falling backwards regularly when trying to ride up a steep one!

Playing kirby with a football against the kirb.

The long, warm summers with evenings that never seemed to end.

Knowing everyone in our street and being close enough to go to each others' houses for family parties.

Top 40 definitely, I wrote it down and recorded it every week!
    Love Shivvie

19. Likes Trouble, angeldelight, Kidz-Care liked this post
    dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuzzy felts, Sindy dolls, Pippa's apartment, all my favourite toys.
    Going out all day with a packed lunch on our bikes and not coming home till dusk,and no-one worrying where we were, we did have some great adventures.
    Going to the corner shop at the age of 8 to buy my dads cigarettes!!!! And beer. X

21. Likes hectors house liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything everyone else has said especially Angeldelight 60's and 70's

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
    Woolworths... that brings back memories of me saving my pocket money to go and but the latest single of which ever band/singer i liked at the time. I would then play the single none stop for day on end.

Recording the top 40 on a sunday night onto casette and trying really hard to always press record at the start of the songs i wanted and then stopping at the correct point
    I used to record the whole top 40 but used to try to stop it at the top 40 count down, before the No 1 so not to get all the talking and then record No 1 but we were always eating our Sunday tea and my mum would get cross if I kept vanishing into the front room.

In those days Sunday tea was sandwiches, tinned fruit and cakes - rarely have tea time tea now, always have cooked.

Freedom to go on bike rides for the whole day with parents only having rough idea of where we would be - lots of risky play, playing in barns, making rafts out of chemical drums on the stream on my uncle's farm, chasing and catching, stroking chickens.

Long warm, dry, sunny summer holidays!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Having my bedroom walls covered in posters of Bodie (Lewis Collins) from the TV show 'The Proffesionals' and dreaming of someday being Mrs Collins
    Always preferred the curly haired ones - Doyle from Professionals and Starsky from Starsky and Hutch.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only lasted 8 weeks as a Brownie - I had a faded 2nd hand uniform that had darker patches all over it where previous owner had taken badges off - I wanted to get badges but all we did was play games. Amazing then that when I had my own children I became a rainbow helper and tawny owl at Brownies.

26. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    Fuzzy felts, Sindy dolls, Pippa's apartment, all my favourite toys.
    Going out all day with a packed lunch on our bikes and not coming home till dusk,and no-one worrying where we were, we did have some great adventures.
    Going to the corner shop at the age of 8 to buy my dads cigarettes!!!! And beer. X
    My mum made me a Sindy doll room with matchbox chest of drawers and wallpapered box - copied from Blue Peter - my mum and dad just had to clear loft to have extra insulation fitted and found my old Sindy (with proper jointed arms and legs) and my pippa dolls.

28. Likes Toothfairy liked this post
    June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Games......French skipping with elastic, cats cradle, jacks.
    At home I had kerplunk, frustration, mouse trap, buckaroo, monopoly.
    I also loved my Fisher Price wind up record player with the 5 coloured records, my sister had Weebles (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!).
    I also had a Looby Loo, Troll with loads of pink fluffy hair, a Womble and a Gollie.
    Toothfairy

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i remember plaing manhunt, noggy, garden trailing with my brother and about 20 of others all the same age from our small village then all of us piling back to my house to camp on the back garden in 4 tents then having to go inside in shifts for breakfast next day.
    scrumping and swimming in the local fishing pond plus dissapearing for hours and our mums not being worried as long as we trotted in for tea then we could go out again.
    spending 17 years in my local marching band travelling all over for competitions with my nanna and auntie and big sister half our village were members so we all went together

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast