Directions in Birmingham please?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Directions in Birmingham please?

My son is travelling to Birmingham for a footy match soon.
    He's planning on getting the train to New Street Station. How far is the footy ground from there? Is it within walking distance, or is he better off getting off at a different station?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My son is travelling to Birmingham for a footy match soon.
    He's planning on getting the train to New Street Station. How far is the footy ground from there? Is it within walking distance, or is he better off getting off at a different station?

Thank you
    Hi Mouse well as its my station I can give you any advice you need but first I need to know what ground he's going to because Villa and Birmingham are not close by

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Angel. It's the Birmingham City ground (is it St Andrews?). Does my knowledge of football shine through here

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The nearest station is Bordesley, which is about a ten minute walk away from the ground, but is only served by trains from Birmingham Snow Hill and Birmingham Moor Street. Normally scheduled trains do not stop at Bordesley, so they don't show up on national timetables searches. Please download the local timetable from the London Midland website for details.

If you arrive at New Street Station in the city centre, either walk to Moor Street station (five minutes) take a taxi (about £6) or embark on the 20-25 minute walk to the ground.

As you come onto the concourse of New St station, bear to the left of the escalators and through the glass doors. Walk down towards to the end of the Station Service Road. Cross to the other side of the road at the bottom (where there is a new shopping centre) turn right and follow the purple pedestrian signs for Digbeth Coach Station. These will see you descending a flight of stairs at the side of the shopping centre on your left and then going down a road with the Markets on your right and a large church on your left. Follow this road around to the right and then take the next left to take you up to the main dual carriage way. Turn right along the dual carriageway, passing the impressive looking Crown Pub on your left. Cross over the dual carriageway to the Crown pub side of the road and continue walking away from the City Centre. You will come to a fork in the road where you want to bear left going underneath a railway bridge. Passing the Clements Arms (not recommended for away fans) on your left just continue straight down this road, crossing a large roundabout (with a McDonalds over on one corner). The entrance to the away section is further up the road on your left.

Otherwise you can take the following buses from the city centre; No: 58, 60, 97 & 97A. However the 97 & 97A drop off on Garrison Lane (near to Tilton Road) which is on the other side of the stadium to the away entrance. These can be caught near to Moor Street Railway Station on Queensway. Look for bus stops ME (58 & 60) and MF (97 & 97A) on this map on the Network West Midlands website (PDF file). Alternatively they can also be caught outside Birmingham Coach Station.

HTH

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Nipper.

Are you in Birmingham? It will be his first time to an away match on the train, so I may be calling on Birmingham childminders to go & rescue him if he gets lost

Post Thanks / Like

I go to st Andrews all the time mouse as I'm a blues supporter

Message me and I will give you my number if you need any more help

If I don't go hubby goes to every home game so we might be able to help or something

Angel Xx

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few routes from the station but all walking and complicated to explain when you don't know the town centre

He actually might be better off getting a taxi from the station ,I can give you a number of a good company that's cheaper than most

Also the traffic around the ground will be very bad so if he does get a taxi best to get the train early etc

Which match is he going to is it this Saturday

Angel xx

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi angel sorry to interrupt didn't no your in Birmingham maybe you could help me please were coming to Birmingham in 3 weeks my girls are in cats Andrew loydsomeoneer at nec were staying over 2 nights and hopeing to go cadburys factory do you no how easy it is to get by car from nec

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Telford Mouse, so not much help I.C.E. I'm afraid!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandy64 View Post
    hi angel sorry to interrupt didn't no your in Birmingham maybe you could help me please were coming to Birmingham in 3 weeks my girls are in cats Andrew loydsomeoneer at nec were staying over 2 nights and hopeing to go cadburys factory do you no how easy it is to get by car from nec
    Oh your girls are actually in Cats, you must be a proud mom

So will you be staying near the nec Sandy?

You will be staying near the nec then going to cadburys?

Or going to cadburys then the nec?

Angel xx

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi angel yes there in it and im very proud were staying across the road from nec sat and sun night then Monday after show were going to cadburys factory the head has given them the Monday off so thought after a busy weekend we would have fun but no idea where it is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandy64 View Post
    hi angel yes there in it and im very proud were staying across the road from nec sat and sun night then Monday after show were going to cadburys factory the head has given them the Monday off so thought after a busy weekend we would have fun but no idea where it is
    Cadburys is the other side of town to the Nec ,do you have a sat Nav or look at Aa route finder ..google it ,put your address in the Nec and it will give you the route you want .

A bit far from the Nec for me to be able to direct you I think I would get you lost ha .

I visit both but both are about 30 min from me in different directions

If you need any other help message me

Hope it all goes well and hope your daughters have a great time ...let us know

Angel xx