1st inspection here at last :)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st inspection here at last :)

Ok i have my inspection this week sometime and have been rusing around thinking of things i need to do anyone have anymore tips /ideas for things i need to do /revise! or do i just carry on as normal working when they r here? so nervous think il be awake most night till the day comes this week lol! xx

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

try to relax, the inspection is about giving you an unbiased view, see it as a positive thing. Keep the day normal but also have some extra activities to hand just in case. Have you looked online at inspection reports in your area, you can often get a feel as to what a particular inspector is looking for. they seem keen on parents working as partners and fire drill records in this area at the moment.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sony is in Wales and our inspections are not on line yet.

In wales there are 2 types of inspection that are alternated every 2 years. As a first inspection I am unsure which they will give you first. CSSIW are very nice and will chat to you about your experiences and worries and will recheck your house to ensure it remains safe.

Just carry on with your normal activities and have your paperwork to hand so that they can check registers etc. I have previously had an inspector check my accident records and on the last inspection she particularly wanted to see my parental review questionnaires and observed me interacting with the children in my care. I have not had an inspection under the new system (mine was 15 months ago) and am due one this year.

Good luck

Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Wales too & had my inspection beginning of December. The inspector was lovely & chatted about my setting, played with the children, had a cup of coffee, looked at my parent questionnaires I'd sent out a couple of months earlier, looked at my general planning & daily diaries.
    My first inspection was many moons ago but if I remember rightly she mainly looked at the safety of the setting. Good luck. All the inspectors I've met have been really nice. X