Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    im bernadette...i hate it .i always think Bernard ate what ?? im called after a catholic nun who taught my mam at school.Now i just get called Dette ..i like to think that this is short for" NATIONAL DETTE " lol..fame at last .
    I'm seriously considering changing my name to something that still ends in dette ,why should i be stuck with a name i hate just because my mam liked some NUN ...any ideas for my name change will be greatfully recieved xx thanks
    Sorry you dont like it --if id had a little girl (as opposed to a hat-trick of boys!) she would have had the name Bernardette. My dad was bernard , shortened to Bunny.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

No exciting origins to my name, though as I had to go through being called Tracy mid 'VIZ' popularity I hated it as I constantly got reminded of the 'Fat S***s' in the magazine

My daughter Mia however was named after the heroin overdosing,weird,crime bosses wife in Pulp Fiction....i'm nothing if not classy

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    im bernadette...i hate it .i always think Bernard ate what ?? im called after a catholic nun who taught my mam at school.Now i just get called Dette ..i like to think that this is short for" NATIONAL DETTE " lol..fame at last .
    I'm seriously considering changing my name to something that still ends in dette ,why should i be stuck with a name i hate just because my mam liked some NUN ...any ideas for my name change will be greatfully recieved xx thanks
    My Aunty is Bernadette - everyone calls her Benny

We're Irish on my Mom's side (Mary Theresa but everyone called her Terry) - Lesley Angeline, Vanessa Bernadette, Rebecca Jayne, Fiona Annette, Kenneth Alec.

I've always wondered why people of a certain age were often called by their second names, my Dad is Kenneth John but everyone calls him John....

Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I am Paula Jane

Paula from the 70's song hey hey Paula by Paula & Paul ! Cheesy or what, Dad was a DJ in the 70's Jane my Nanna chose,

I was very neary Vanessa, but so glad after Gavin & Stacey I'm sure It'll of been shorted to Nessa ! & as I'm a little on the plumper side, I think alot of Micky taking would on happened

OI Ness

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Emma Myra (and that is a whole different story, Myra after my Granma) but we named our daughter Elizabeth (Lizzie) Rose after my mum, who died when I was nine so I really don't remember anything about her. Her name was Elizabeth Roe (Roe was her surname). My husband's Nan was called Rose and I really couldn't choose between Lizzie or Rosie. The funny thing was, I could never have entertained having a little girl, but when she came along after having had my son and having lost a baby boy at 21 weeks I just knew she had to be a Lizzie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12