Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SNOW day

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SNOW day

Well all the schools are closed I cannot believe how deep it is outside!!!!!

We built a snowman yesterday and he has disappeared under a mountain of snow and it's still snowing heavily!!!!!

Who else has snow?

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No new snow here but lots left from Friday and its still very deep but messy. Pavements are very very slippery.

I am in Wiltshire.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

im in kent and it snowed all day yesterday but has stopped now looks v slippery im open but not sure if mum will be dropping as roads look bad plus she is teacher so am guessing if her school shut she will keep lo at home, afternoon one will be here though as mum walks and works in a shop so that will be open - eldest ds school shut just waiting to hear bout youngest xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a lot of snow yesterday so all local schools have closed and all my mindees have cancelled for today due to parents working in schools and the other parent couldn't get off her drive so quiet day here
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes Tink liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We had snow here in West midlands all weekend, stopped at 3am this morning and just got my very last text from mom saying I haven't got her son..,potentially could of had 8 children (including school children as schools are all closed) and instead get a pleasant surprise and just got my two and hubby has been told not to risk going in too...paid day off for me then :-)

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We (East Midlands) have had lots through the night and its still snowing, all our schools are shut so I don't think I'll have any mindees today.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ours are closed and only got afternoon mindee so sledging and snowman today
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have a snow day - schools are closed and best of all no mindees
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

7inches here in the north east...and its that lovely dry deep snow that you can play out in ....grandkids had a great day yesterday building snow men and rolling about in it....not wet or messy at all...love it when its like this x but all my kids have cancelled today as schools all shut and parents are off work so I might have to go out and play in it myself

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We had snow all day yesterday which added to Friday's lot.

All the schools in our town are closed except one! The one at the top of our hill and I have just been watching stupid parents driving along who have not cleared the snow off the windows of the car properly and have then had to stop because the snow off the roof (which they should have cleared but didn't!) has slid off and blocked the windscreen!!! No lights on, not that they have cleared the snow off them either Silly twits they shouldn't be allowed on the roads, they should be walking!!

My son and dh are at home for the day because their school have been closed.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our schools are closed but ds2 has 2 Alevel exams today so has to still go in. Luckily he has managed to get a lift from a friend with a 4wd - though Im not sure how he is going to get home as his friend only has morning exams.
    2 of mine have stayed at home with parents , but have gained extra schoolies , so a fairly normal day for me numbers wise. Will peel the 2 bigger ones away from their ds's in a while to have a snowman session!

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Our school is still open at the moment although that is likely to change as still snowing here. All my mindees have cancelled so a quiet (paid!!) day for me too!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We have no snow on the ground so our schools are open but that may change as its snowing heavily here now.

So many kids crying at school this morning due to the cold, my son was moaning he was too hot with all the layers I made him wear lol

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The advantages of everyone being up. Been sledging some kind children even made us a ramp

Made snow angels.

Now back in the warmth all snuggled up - bliss can this weather stay for a bit longer
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Local schools closed. One parent came in angry and moaning about schools closing (think the teachers ears were burning), as she had to get someone to look after her older DD (schoolie) did not ask me!

Two of my LO's have a mum as a teacher, her school is closed - I still have her children though. So I have the 4 LO's I normally have, except 4 yr old will not be going to playgroup this afternoon (closed). So garden play this morning in lots and lots of deep snow, would have loved to have gone to the park but will not be able to push the double buggy as snow so deep.

Post Thanks / Like

I love snow but not having it here on ground... wishing for it