Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Pre Reg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default where you been on Holiday

where you been on Holiday and type of Holiday do you like.
    Me and my partner love the USA we been to Florida 7 times Vegas once and Australia once

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere hot and child free hotels, for some reason I like it when there are no little ones running around
    Cath

3. Likes Pixie dust, Kevin1964, loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love the south coast of Spain and the mountains

5. Likes Kevin1964 liked this post
    june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

corfu nine times love the place, so calm green and the people so friendly,

7. Likes Kevin1964 liked this post
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Caravanning in Cornwall every year with the whole family since I met DH 18 years ago, but last year just the four of us went to Disneyland Paris and this year we're going to Fuerteventura in a villa...it's the first time on a plane for all of us and we're bricking it tbh!!

One of the plus's of CMing to my old job is a)I can take my hols when I want and not have to take colleagues hols into account and b)I'm earning more so we can afford this for the first time.....can't wait for guaranteed sunshine!

9. Likes RuthJ, Kevin1964 liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents never took me and my brother on holiday but we did emigrate to Switzerland so only visited the UK twice in 7yrs. We could not go anywhere once we moved back to the UK as my mum had Agrophobia.

But once I started work I went on my first holiday by myself and it was a coach tour of the Shetland Isles. Very interesting it was and yes I was surrounded by old people and was only 19yrs old at the time. But they made a great fuss of me.

Then I did several walking holidays, Corsica and Southern France/Spain

Then I met my husband in early 1994 and my feet have not touched the ground. So far we have been:
    Touring the West of the USA by campervan
    Walked up and down mount Etna
    Overland truck expedition into Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya, supposed to see Gorillas but war broke out in the Congo.
    Iceland for a long weekend
    South Africa twice, last time was in 2011 and we got lost in the Cape Flats at dusk trying to get to the airport. You don't want to ever get lost there at night!
    Canary Islands
    Lapland

We hope one day to visit Yellowstone in USA and maybe go to Australia or New Zealand, but that will cost quite a few pennies.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We go camping in Cornwall! The kids love it. We weren't too lucky with the weather two years ago though but normally we get fabulous sunshine. We went to Majorca last year (in-laws treat) which was fantastic but we can't afford to do it this year so back in the tent we go

12. Likes Kevin1964 liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We love Cyprus and have been 4 times, also been to Spain, turkey, egypt, Corfu,and then weekends to Paris, Amsterdam and krakov. Being skiing to Bulgeria.

However we were lucky enough 6 years ago for both me and my paner to travel the world for 8 months and we went to Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Fiji, and tour of America. This is the trip we would most love to do again when our little one is bigger.

However in 14 weeks we are off to Florida and that is so exciting as our little girl has never been to a disney park.

Me and my partner are massive disney fans and we have been to disney in Paris, Hong Kong, LA and Florida... So the one we really want to do now is Japan, however that will be a long time away.

14. Likes Kevin1964, charleyfarley, winstonian liked this post
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love to travel! It was uk hols with my parents until our first trip abroad to Tenerife in 1979 (apparently it has changed a lot since then lol) When I got married we moved to Bermuda and live there for 13 years so went to the US lots of times even just for long weekends! We also did a round the world trip taking in us, hawaii, singapore, thailand, india, new zealand, australia and the uk. We did it all in 5 weeks! Since moving back to uk and getting divorced I have taken the kids to many european holiday destinations. We love cyprus, camping in spain, bulgaria etc and we are now getting into cruises. We have had a one week med cruise, a 10 day canary island cruise and then this summer we are doing a 2 week med cruise. My son stays at home now as he is 19 but I take my 15 year old twin girls with me. Can hardly wait to step on board again

16. Likes Kevin1964 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boring old me - just likes the piece and tranquility in the Lake district. We do the sunshine holidays every now and then as my husband and girls like the sun but I can't be bothered with the stress of airports/travelling with sick kids/boiling hot temperatures. I like a bit of sunshine but it can be anywhere as long as I can see a nice sunrise with a cup of tea - and a nice sunset with a glass of wine I am i heaven so the lake district does it for me

18. Likes Kevin1964 liked this post
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to a tiny Greek island called Paxos in 2005, it was the most idyllic place. DH proposed there. I'd love to go back one day but don't want my memories tarnished if it's changed!

Other than that my most favourite place is France. The wine, the food, the language - we're going Eurocamping there again this year.

Can also highly recommend hiring an open top car and driving from Miami down the Florida Keys to Key West. That was a great holiday (pre-children of course!)

Oh...and Franshoeck (think that's how it's spelt) in South Africa. Can also highly recommend driving down the Garden Route in SA, amazing scenery.

Can you tell DH is into driving and cars...

20. Likes Kevin1964 liked this post
    mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We have just booked to go to Jamaica in march and I can't wait!! We didn't go away last year as we wanted to save up for a special holiday and its nearly here!!!!

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from various places in UK we have been to

Ibiza
    Tenerife
    Magaluf, twice, many years ago.
    Germany

Domician Repulic 3 times and we also got married there.
    Alcudia
    Jamaica

And last of all Florida

We aim to go back to either Dom Republic or Jamaica next year. We would also love to visit Australia as we have friends out there but that'll be a long way off yet.

Carol xx

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Jillplum who did you book your cruises through and have you any tips who to book with?
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh we love our holidays we have been to

Dominican Republic
    Lapland snowboarding
    Greece
    Canada snowboarding
    Italy
    Phillipenes
    Dubai

Not sure where to go next

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

We're waiting for our girls to be old enough to come on a trekking holiday. Maybe in Canada. I can't sit on a beach all day, have to be out and about all the time. That's why I like using a camper van, always a new view out of the window I would like to do a walk up to K2 base camp, but not sure if I'm one of those people who get affected by altitude sickness. A lot of money to spend and find out that you can't do it
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i grew up spending my summers caravanning round europe with my parents on holiday and although i keep saying we must make the effort, am really not fussed about taking my own children to france/spain/italy etc!

i did love yugoslavia as a child, but i have a feeling its changed a bit now!

i love the greek islands, especially those WITHOUT airports!

we went to menorca last year and although a much busier place than i usually like, we had a super time in the SUN!

i love cornwall for holidays, the lakes and dales are nice too ( but usually a bit on the wet side! ) we usually rent a cottage for a week or so and just do nothing.

have spent a few weeks in scotland, and that is beautiful too

its not quite a holiday, but felt like one, but lived in sydney for a couple of years and had super holidays exploring australia

this year we are off to euro disney for 5 days. i wanted to add a day on and take the children on a whistle stop tour of paris, but DH wasn't keen and as he booked it without me really being involved, it was all done & dusted before i could get a word in

DH dad was a pilot and he grew up traveling the world ... he has been EVERYWHERE! hence why he isn't keen on travelling either and another reason why we holiday in the UK.

edited to say, went to USA a few times as a child/teenager and i'd be happy never to go there again! just really didn't like it!

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

We are off to Florida in Sept. We went there for our honeymoon and again when our littleones were 2, 1 and 10 weeks! This time they will be 9,8 and 6. So excited!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

we are hoping to find a good cleaner for our holiday cottage and get away in June this year, both our children finish school and we hope we can find a cheap deal (any ideas?) one finishes 6th form the the year 11.
    Owners of a lovely 2 bedroom holiday cottage www.thecottagegillamoor.co.uk

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1964 View Post
    where you been on Holiday and type of Holiday do you like.
    Me and my partner love the USA we been to Florida 7 times Vegas once and Australia once
    we've done 10 days in turkey - which was lovely, very hot !!!

other than we've done caravan holidays devon, dorset, norfolk
    cottages devon, dorset, norfolk

cottages4u.co.uk have some lovely cottages
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast