best way to fill spaces
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default best way to fill spaces

hi all i have been lucky enough to have to have ahd to children full time since starting childminding but due to a change in the parents hours they are cutting down to 3 and a half days so i need to fill the other spaces as i have not lived here long i dont have a network of friends etc what is the best way of advertising xx

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got most of mine from childcare.co.uk and word of mouth. Let everybody you know that you are a childminder with spaces available. I also have magnets on my car.

I also have done leaflets in the past with not one response but it may work for you. Other ideas which might be worth a try is advertising at local shops, libraries, schools, playgroups, sure start centre etc.

Hth

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

All mine have been through word of mouth. Put a postcard in shops and post office in your area, I put them in all the takeaways too. Also let schools and groups in your area know you have vacancies. Good luck xx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of mine have been childcare.co.uk, with two being word of mouth.

I haven't.advertised elsewhere as yet. I'm not as full as I would like to be with schoolies but am sure that will happen, eventually
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink thanks

as i dont know anyone and i am new to the area word of mouth which is the best way to advertise is not a possibility just now but i have advertised in the local shop there are a few child minders in my little community already so it a but competative but will see about getting a magnet thing for my car x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I found the best way was getting to know parents from toddler groups and childminders from childminding groups (they can maybe pass on enquiries no good for them).
    I wrote an article for the local website and posted frequently.
    Childcare.co.uk has also been a good way of getting in touch with parents.

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good ol childcare.co.uk for most, neighbors, friends, word of mouth, children whose childminders can't cope I'm their third and last resort lol, car magnets got me a family of 3 who stayed with me 3yrs then left and now want to come back