Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default poor bunny wunny

my heart is breaking,,, somone has put on facebook that they need a new home for their 3yrold bunny because he dosent get the attention he needs, he lives in a double hutch but has chewed and stomped a hole in the top layer because he's so bored, I have kept bunnies for 16yrs and mine have the run of the garden plus we have one indoor bunny who hops round the kitchen during the day then has the run of the house at night,, I am thinking if I got him he could be bonded with our house rabbit then both either live outside or inside together but would yet another rabbit put people off coming here or should I not worry about it and do whats right for the bunny
    oh dear what to do

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor bunny, my friend has three house bunnies and two outdoors and she is always full with a waiting list so I don't think it makes a difference. I have a house bun and had one parent put off but it meant I could take another child who has turned out to be fab so it was the right thing.

What will you do if the bunnies fight though?

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a few bunnies already so one more isn't going to make a difference to perspective parents.

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Save the bunny !

5. Likes Shamai, SYLVIA liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Go and save the bunny wunny with your zoo one more little bunny isnt going to going to swap opinions
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thats good to know, i often wonder if having animals puts people off, thankfully my son has decided over christmas that he wants his rats upstairs in the games room so he can see them more as they were my biggest worry.
    If they fight I will just keep them seperatly, harvest (indoor bun) has my two cats and the labrador for company and they all get on great, its funny to see them all laying in the living room together, and the rabbit who I am desperate to home comes with his own hutch, the only issue I can see is that at the moment my two outdoor buns have the run of the garden all day but obviously this other one would need to come out so they would have to share the time in the garden but I guess if he's been mistreated I wouldnt have hm out when the mindees are here untill I know his temprement anyway so he could have a couple of hours in the evenings.

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lots of animals, I advertise that I do, I imagine it puts some people off and encourages others, so far its never been an issue.

Its also my home, my choice to have pets, I would have to do another job if it was a problem, they are family.

Save the bunny, you know you want to

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes please save the bunny, I have an outdoor bunny who has full use of the garden and an I door bunny who has most use of the house and I could t bear to think of a sad bunny who only saw the inside of its hutch xxxxxxx
    x helen

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your support folks, I have just messaged her so we will see what happens, just got to convince OH lol

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I commented on a friend's Facebook status about her children's new pony and ended up with two guinea pigs as they now don't have time to look after them. I had plenty of space so no problem to take them on
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh dear, well, I couldnt resist, I can't leave him there all bored and fed up so hopefully we are getting him tonight if my OH dosent get called in to work, I have already found a run we can attach to his hutch !

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

At one point I had a corn snake, 2 bearded dragons and a tarancaula and still took on new Lo's so I can't imagine a bunny would put people off. If you tell them you rescued it, they will see how caring you are too

14. Likes smurfette liked this post
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Rabbits do have the most miserable time sometimes, stuck down the bottom of the garden when the kids get bored with them, there are loads on gumtree, thats where we got our two from!! Be careful you dont end up like a rescue home!!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are able to help this little one. I look after my friends house bunny whenever they go away....which unfortunately has resulted in me falling in love with them and possibly picking one up this weekend. She will go along with the 2 gerbils, 3 snakes, 2 snails, and sadly now only one cat (my other was found dead by a neighbour last week). On the wish list is also beardies, and an axylotl (when we get to a softer water area on the next posting), and a carpet python. Oh and my son wants a house tortoise.
    Hardest of all are the trio of monkeys who get dropped off daily at mine.

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well, here he is, his hutch is in awful condition so we are going to put in a new base and a new second leval to replace the hole!, his bed area had no hay or sawdust and from what I can see he uses it for toileting, the downstairs had lots of hay in but was all open wire so the wind would have just blown straight through, we have cleaned it out as best we can today and my partner will repair it and attach a run at the weekend, he's a lovely friendly bunny.
    IMAG1535.jpgIMAG1536.jpgIMAG1537.jpg

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh he is lovely. What a state that cage is though. It's made me feel all warm and fuzzy, knowing he is now going to be loved and well cared for. Give him a big hug from me

Post Thanks / Like

How big hearted you must be. He is a beautiful looking bunny. I'm sure he will be content beyond his wildest dreams now he has an experienced loving owner x

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you

I can tell that is now one lucky bunny and he is also very handsome

What is his name ?

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks folks, his name is biscuit which is strange for us because earlier this year we lost our cat to illness and he was called biscuit, OH says it was mean't to be, I love him to bits already and he is so friendly, he's the only bunny that I've ever owned that will let me pick him up with out wriggling, all my others have hated being picked up but if you sit with them they would happily be stroked for hours!, My son was quite upset when he saw the hutch last night and how cold he must have been, he's been out there this morning and came out with me tonight when I did their greens before bed. Cant wait to sort out his hutch and run although I dont think it will be too long before he's hoping around the garden.

23. Likes Daisy De liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

aaww, he is lovely, well done you for giving him a home. I have 4 bunnies, I keep them in the garage in the winter because I hate to think of them out in the elements when it's cold and windy / rainy. My boys are really clean but my girls use their bedroom to toilet in

xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast