Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Presents for teachers?

Just looking for ideas on what to get the teachers in DD'S nursery? There are five members of staff there so it will add up! What do you all do? x

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything like us they need wine!!!!!!!

you could get a box of choclates for the staffroom that they could all share
    Cath

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last year I made a batch of truffles and sent them in think I had 12 people in 3 different classes. Wrapped them up in celloplane and tied with festive ribbon.

Other years I have made festive cupcakes.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we make christmas shapped gingerbread biscuits. one year i made holes in them, and threaded ribbon through ... have too many to make now to do that !!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm making Christmas pudding fudge this year for DS1 reception class teacher and DS2 preschool key worker. The recipe is from The Pink Whisk lady.

I also usually rattle out some Christmas chutney (Nigella recipe) and last couple of years I've done jars of Christmas muffin mix (found the recipe on the Good Food website). Basically you layer all the ingredients in a large glass jar and write the cooking instructions on a luggage label. All the recipient needs to do is add an egg and some milk - they look really effective and cheap to do
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

8. Likes FussyElmo, loocyloo, charleyfarley liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post
    I'm making Christmas pudding fudge this year for DS1 reception class teacher and DS2 preschool key worker. The recipe is from The Pink Whisk lady.

I also usually rattle out some Christmas chutney (Nigella recipe) and last couple of years I've done jars of Christmas muffin mix (found the recipe on the Good Food website). Basically you layer all the ingredients in a large glass jar and write the cooking instructions on a luggage label. All the recipient needs to do is add an egg and some milk - they look really effective and cheap to do
    Love the Pink Whisk blog - her recipes just seem to work really well
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes mrstom liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post

Thank you I had forgotten about this recipe so guess what my teachers are getting

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

box of biscuits or tin of sweets.

usually they all get put together and split up between all staff anyway.
    karen

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We decided to club together and buy them an electric pencil sharpener! Sounds dull bbut last week I sharpened their pencils for them and ended up with blisters! It was also way too time consuming.

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do snowman soup, put it all in a mug and wrap up in tissue paper, looks pretty. I've done 8 this year.

xxx

16. Likes Maza, nipper liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    We decided to club together and buy them an electric pencil sharpener! Sounds dull bbut last week I sharpened their pencils for them and ended up with blisters! It was also way too time consuming.

wonderful! they will love it and use it and remember you all!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to love my electric pencil sharpener...unfortunately so did my class of 6 year olds...

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mrstom have you made this yet - oh my it took some stirring but its gorgeous and I dont like christmas pudding

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I do snowman soup, put it all in a mug and wrap up in tissue paper, looks pretty. I've done 8 this year.

xxx
    Can I ask what snowman soup is please? Sounds messy to be wrapped up in tissue paper

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chimps Childminding View Post
    Can I ask what snowman soup is please? Sounds messy to be wrapped up in tissue paper
    Well for mine I buy a nice mug and in it this year I put a couple of sachets of drinking chocolate, a couple of individual wrapped chocolates, some marshmallows and a candy cane. Then I attach this poem:
    I’m told you’ve been quite good this year, I’m always glad to hear it! With freezing weather drawing near you’ll need to warm the spirit.
    So here’s a cup of snowman soup, complete with stirring stick. Add hot water, sip it slow, it’s sure to do the trick.

Then I wrap the mug in tissue paper tied with ribbon.

No mess, lol

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Well for mine I buy a nice mug and in it this year I put a couple of sachets of drinking chocolate, a couple of individual wrapped chocolates, some marshmallows and a candy cane. Then I attach this poem:
    I’m told you’ve been quite good this year, I’m always glad to hear it! With freezing weather drawing near you’ll need to warm the spirit.
    So here’s a cup of snowman soup, complete with stirring stick. Add hot water, sip it slow, it’s sure to do the trick.

Then I wrap the mug in tissue paper tied with ribbon.

No mess, lol

xxx
    Thats lovely, never heard of Snowman Soup before Will definately remember that for future use, thanks