Registered Childminder since
    Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I don't like it.

As a name it doesn't sound finished - Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years what? Workers?

I can't imagine ever telling anyone I belong to PACEY

Miffy xx
    Hi Miffy

By adding 'workers' on the end it would affect how we are perceived by local government, the media etc as the name is it shows that we are a sector based association representing the profession as a whole by adding workers it would be perceived to be an individual based organisation

Cx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Did everyone posting about this go to a forum meeting and vote, go online and vote and reply to the survey and vote? The evidence of those who did was overwelming and showed that Professional was very important in a name

Declaration of interest. As I've said before, I'm a member and supporter of NCMA, but I'm also prepared to criticise when I think they make a horlicks of something. I mention this for the benefit of those who accused me of being an unthinking/unquestioning flag-waver for NCMA on other threads, such as the NCMA/MM/UKCMA discussions.

Yes - I discussed it at regional forum.
    Yes - I went online and voted.
    Yes - I replied to the survey/voted.
    Yes - when I got the email from NCMA/PACEY a few days ago, I did hit 'reply' to say it was still a tacky name to choose.

I'd be interested to know what the turnout was for the online votes (do you "turn out" to vote from your own pc? I digress.) Most members i spoke with face to face didn't vote cos they thought all the choices were more or less equally contemptible.

At the regional forum, the room was divided roughly into 2 schools of opinion. About 75-80% didn't wish to change the name at all. About 10-15% felt a desperate urge to jam the word "professional" in there, no matter what. About 10% were undecided (or maybe couldn't give a monkey's?)

The facilitator asked people what they thought "professional" actually meant to them, and would someone like to advance the debate by offering a simple definition. Silence - fidgeting - blank stares - people glancing around the room in the hope that somebody knew what it meant. Eventually, 2 people stuck their necks out (credit where it's due) and suggested (I paraphrase as closely as I recall): "it means we're not babysitters" and "parents treat us with respect". Er.... what?

Rant end.

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I went to a regional forum and voted
    Yes I voted for Professional Association of Childcare and Early years

Sorry obviously my fault (runs away to hide in a corner )

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"some girls dooo oooo oooo, some girls dont
    some girls need a load a lovin
    and some girls dont"

oh....that is RACEY.....sorry

wrong end of stick taken hold of

wibble xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

6. Likes Shivvie liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of starting up an alternative organisation, to be called the Society for EXceptional Early Years Practitioners.

Do get in touch if you'd like to be a SEXEY Practitioner too.

justgoodfriends Guest

Even worse is that PACEY could also be pronounced as 'packie' ie an abusive term!

PLA are introducing a new membership package for childminders next year... if this is at a completive price and they produce contracts etc. it will be worth considering?
    https://www.pre-school.org.uk/media/...d-childminders

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Did everyone posting about this go to a forum meeting and vote, go online and vote and reply to the survey and vote? The evidence of those who did was overwelming and showed that Professional was very important in a name
    yes, I did and made it plain I did not like the proposed change in name. Must have been the only one....

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Wibble and Bunyip. I love you. I have tears rolling down my face. Especially love 'Racey'
    You are showing your age my lovely

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justgoodfriends View Post
    Even worse is that PACEY could also be pronounced as 'packie' ie an abusive term!

PLA are introducing a new membership package for childminders next year... if this is at a completive price and they produce contracts etc. it will be worth considering?
    https://www.pre-school.org.uk/media/...d-childminders
    But then PLA like to be known as ' the alliance' now dont they? Equally pants name ...sounds like something intergalactic!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like chewing gum to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12