Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: time wasters

Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default time wasters

hi everyone , i keep having people phone me saying they are coming and defo need my service then they dont bother geting back to me is it supposed to be this de-motivating!

i presumed i would be fully booked from day one! ive had two kids since i registered not long ago but nothing since do i stay registered or give up ! i feel like the other c.m in my area dont want to help and its so isolating as it is as im home with my little one all time time anyhow as im a single mum! help! not sure what else i can do to let people know im here and waiting to work.

i have advertised pretty much everywhere i can, had t.shirts made and fleece is being made now. i did advertise on my car doors but this was attracting the wrong kind of attention asin men so i removed these as didnt like!

i want to be a professional and people to take me seriously for once grrrrrrrrrrrr help running out of motivation and steam someone save me.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It often takes quite a while to build up your business. try going to all the toddler groups and activities in your area and let everyone know you are CM. You could try contacting schools and nurseries too. When I first started I did some advertising and got no children that way. It was all word of mouth. get yourself known by parents of young children

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It can take a while to get going because a lot of parents like to go with a recommendation

Hopefully if you continue to advertise and also visit groups to show off your skills then the calls will come. It is very hard when people don't turn up. I've not experienced it myself but have read on here many times of people just not turning up to an appointment.
    The minder has tidied and got everything sorted out to be let down is terrible and I would never do it to anyone but some people don't have much thought

Also what is common is when you do have parents visit, they say they will be in touch and then they dont bother...that's happened a couple of times so now I don't get excited until that contract is signed

Really hope things pick up for you...positive thought and all that
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a local children's centre, i got myself along to ours met some other lovely childminders and even got some mindees too so it is worth it getting your self about sell yourself
    It was daunting at first but once i did it i've not looked back
    Jo Jo

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in a simular situation. It has taken longer than I thought to get started. I was recommended to a lady who has told everyone I am her childminder. She was going to get in touch this week. Still waiting or am I jumping the gun abit. Should I wait alittle longer?

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a little longer

yep i think a little longer. i contacted the person with 2 children who said she defo needed me to mind them and she said she hasnt yet sorted work so if anyone else rings take their children! so still no children equals no income not good! hopefully in next couple of weeks if were patient children will come along with working class parents who will take our business seriously x