Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default re holidays abroad ideas please

well we have finaly saved enough to have a holiday abroad next year, as a kid we would go to spain costa brava every year, my dad would drive us all the way from norfolk and we would camp, best memories ever, but my two have never been abroad mainly because my son has very sensitive hearing and I was concerned how he would cope on the plane but he seems to be much better now he's older, I am thinking spain as its a short flight incase he does freak, he likes the beach and the pool but my daughter is very in to history and culture, so where in spain or short flights somwhere can we go to please both
    any ideas?

2. Likes k1rstie liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done.

Would those ear deffenders things help your son on the plane?

I would think it not really matter where you went. No matter where you go you will all have a fantactic time. and you deserve a great holiday.

kirstie

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

ibiza would give you both fun, beaches and culture - head for somewhere like es cana or portinax and avoid san antonio and playa d'en bosa in the high season.
    Blessed Be!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    Well done.

Would those ear deffenders things help your son on the plane?

I would think it not really matter where you went. No matter where you go you will all have a fantactic time. and you deserve a great holiday.

kirstie
    aww thanks, I hope so,, dont think the ear defenders would work ta, its the bit where the preasure builds that I am concerned about then the confinment of the plane as he has ADHD and traits of aspergers so gonna have to do lots of preparing him first but he's 12yrs old tomoro so its not like I cant explain stuff to him to help him understand it all.
    I cant wait cause its my first holiday abroad in 16yrs

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Majorca, C'an Picafort is lovely not far from alcudia, wherever you go you will enjoy it
    Cath

7. Likes Donkey liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend recommended a resort called Sands Beach apartments in Costa Tequise, Lanzarote.

Self catering apartments but they do half board, loads of restaurants close by, loads of trips out available, off the top of my head I think it has 7 pools and a private beach.
    I went 3 years ago and it is fantastic for children and I haven't found anything to match it so we have been back each year since, we have also booked a beach front appartment again for next year

It's quite windy in Lanzarote which I love because it is very hot but it's not too humid.

I should have shares in this place because I am always recommending it because I love it so much.

Where ever you choose to go I am sure you will have a good time
    Jane xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine can't fly anywhere and so they drive and take the ferry to France for most of their holidays with their kids. So, even if it doesn't work out with your son and the flight (I'm sure it will) then you could still have holidays abroad in the future. x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When my kids were small we used to go to France and do Euro camp to start with in a tent then in a big caravan - the first time we went we went across on the Chunnel with our car and stayed about an hour away from Paris, we went to a local train station and caught the train into Paris (that may suit your daughter if she is into history and culture), we then drove to Euro Disney another day. Our Euro camp site had 2 lovely pools, entertainment and kids clubs if you wanted it, playground and a huge lake you could take a small boat out on. Obviously you have to be confident driving abroad, but we went on to have about 5 Euro Camp holidays in France - you can have several different sites and regions in one holiday - we went right down to the French/Spanish border, the Loire, Burgundy, etc.
    Think they do other locations in Europe that you can drive or fly to.

Or if you think a 2 hour flight would be OK - then Spain is obvious choice, we went last year to near Torreveija (south of Alicante) lovely beaches.

Or how about Jersey - you can fly or go by ferry? - Have fun choosing, if you look up hotels on trip advisor - just remember that people who leave reviews are often the ones who aren't happy, often the people who have had a great time don't bother putting a review and it can make results look bad.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was wondering about Euro Camping in France maybe if he really doesn't want to fly... the tunnel only takes an hour or 3 on the fast boat from Dover.

We love Tenerife but there's not a lot of history - the loro parque (animals and parrots) is lovely for a day out.

Cyprus is only about 4.5 hours and has quite a lot of history as well as stunning scenery.

Anywhere south coast of Spain is fab for families.

Enjoy!

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

we love majorca

we stayed in Alcudia this year and are going to Cala Millor next year

we are going/have been all inclusive with first choice and they do some pretty awesome excursions
    boo